Olive oil , Extra Virgin : What brand/s do you prefer to buy?

Sumich EVOO 3L and decant

2 Likes

Cold pressed, Australian. Ollo, Cobram, Red Island

3 Likes

I also buy this & decant it as I need it.

3 Likes

I buy Australian cold pressed ‘The Olive Tree’ extra virgin 3l and decant as needed $23.99 at Aldi

4 Likes

Red Island but we mainly use use oil in salad dressing so use very little and keep it in the fridge. We cook using homemade ghee.

3 Likes

Usually Cobram Estate or The Olive Tree for salads etc. Depends where I shop. Rice Bran Oil for cooking.

3 Likes

Only Australian. Cobram Estate or from markets

3 Likes

I agree we should all be buying Australian olive oil. I read a while ago that the Spanish olive oil is not very fresh. I also buy Aldi olive oil it’s not expensive and tastes good and it’s Australian made.

3 Likes

So do I, very nice EVOO at a reasonable price.

2 Likes

I use only Cobram Estate robust and mild as I find that some overseas brands have oxidised before use here. I use their garlic infused, lemon infused and basil infused oils as well for salad dressings and dipping.

2 Likes

Minos, Lakonias Maniatiko and Altis

2 Likes

I buy either the Woolworths brand Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Cobram or Red Hill. For me it is more important that it is Australian produce.

5 Likes

I buy a first press Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If possible, I choose an Australian brand to support local producers but, if a suitable product from Italy or Spain is being offered for a really good special, I tend to buy that. Of the local brands, it’s usually Cobram Estate or Red Island.

3 Likes

Our household buys Australian evoo - current season - fresh is better.
There is a list of industry certified Australian evoo brands by state of origin at: http://australianextravirgin.com.au/brands/

2 Likes

peter7 Thank you for the input and great link .

1 Like

Mainly use locally produced Wulura Corregiola from Yallingup near Margaret River. 3 litre can for about $44.Otherwise Cobram Estate with the purple label.

2 Likes

I use Cobram Estate because it’s Australian

2 Likes

Splitters Creek, from the producer at the Bendigo Farmers’ Market

2 Likes

Hello,
I prefer Cobram. Good taste and competitive price. I like to support Australian products.

2 Likes

Remano 4 Litres from Aldi until now but next time I will test the Just Organic from Aldi.

2 Likes