What are the Best Car Makes, Drivability, Reliability, Safety and Support

An article regarding the most reliable vehicle makes.

And not a Jeep or other FCA vehicle to be seen.

1 Like

Hi Fred . I think the fact that Suzuki owners recommend to their friends to by a Suzuki more than any other make out there says a lot . The new Jimny is a great vehicle . I have owned 7 Suzukis , all purchased new , and have had no problems at all with mechanical issues etc .

I think I’m a Suzuki " fanboy " . Used to have one of their motor cycles back in the day . One thing that is odd is that Suzukis are no longer sold in the USA . My American friends hop over the border into Canada or sometimes Mexico to by them .

4 Likes

I like my little Suzuki, its not 4WD, looks a bit like a roller skate, but its been good to me, even though its a gutless wonder (2002 Ignis). I’ve needed to have a couple of sensors replaced… the ones that make your car stop working in the middle of traffic, if they are dying. I get it serviced at the NRMA who tell me every year I need this or that to be done, but oddly the following year, its all a different set of things needing to be done, so I mostly ignore those. Its still going well, after all that time, and has cost me nearly nothing to keep it on the road.

5 Likes

While not directly about reliability, safety is often a consideration when purchasing a car by many. These are the safest cars from IIHS testing…

It is worth noting that Japanese and Korean car companies dominate the list.

4 Likes