This is not strictly asking for a test, more like research and maybe some limited tests:
What I have in mind is looking at commonly held conceptions or misconception. It could be about anything to do with consumerism.
The information may have already been brought out, and covered by Choice, but what I am thinking about it bringing all these gems of information together into one easily searchable Wiki.
- does sunscreen last 4 hours in normal use?
- do glass cutting boards blunt knives?
- are smart meters used by electricity retailers bad for your health?
- solar panels work best when the sun shines
- induction cook tops are more efficient that gas or other electric
- cars that can use high octane fuel should because it is more economical.
I’m sure that people can add lots and lots more topics that could be addressed. The answers need to provide a true/false/maybe answer supported by brief factual information, perhaps with references to tests that have been conducted.