Weights on Packaging

I contacted Choice in September 2016 whilst trying to find out who to contact regarding products which were actually less than their stated weight.
I ended up giving my query away as a lost cause.
A copy of the communications is posted below.

“Hi,
In the absence of any response since 19.09.2016, I assume that you will not be providing any suggestions as to who i should contact regarding this matter.
Kindly advise if this is not the case.
Best regards,

Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 11:34 AM
To:
Subject: Re: CHOICE contact us form
Dear Peter
Thank you for contacting CHOICE regarding
Pepe’s Ducks.
At CHOICE we are always interested to hear from our members and consumers about their experiences, concerns and views on a range of topics. This enables us to stay alert to your concerns and the possibility of investigating and publishing something on this topic.

We have logged the details of your email in our database that is reviewed by our Editorial team. They will respond to you if they are able to use or investigate this material further.

Need assistance? Our friendly Customer Service team can help you. Simply email ausconsumer@choice.com.au or call on 1800 069 552 or 02 9577 3399 Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm AEST.

Thank you for taking time to contact CHOICE.
Kind Regards
Gianna
Customer Service Representative

57 Carrington Rd, Marrickville NSW 2204, Australia
P: 02 9577 3399 F: 02 9577 3355 E: ausconsumer@choice.com.au W: www.choice.com.au
A not-for-profit company limited by guarantee | ACN 000 281 925

On 19 September 2016 < > wrote:
General
I purchased 2 Pepe’s Ducks early this month from Woolworths at Stockland in Cairns. They were labelled as 1.8 Kg minimum net weight. While preparing them to cook on Father’s Day, I weighed the one I had unpacked which was only 1.702 Kg. The other one which was still in the packaging weighed 1.855 Kg. I unpacked it to find one wing had been cut through. I brought the underweight duck to the attention of an employee at the “Customer Service” counter at the store I had purchased it at. Her response was that she had no idea about what do and suggested that I contact the supplier. I purchased another 2 ducks whilst the special lasted and weighed both of them after unpacking them and before cooking them yesterday. One weighed 1.684 Kg and also had a wing cut through. The other one still had some innards and faeces left inside the cavity, and after removing it, it weighed 1.704 Kg. The rubbish including the fat I removed from the second 2 ducks weighed only 60 grams including the plastic bag I put it in so it cannot possibly account for the weight difference. I did not see any liquid leak out of the packaging whilst they were thawing out and there was no liquid inside the packaging or the cavities when I unpacked them. I have photo of all 4 ducks on plates on my kitchen scales which clearly show their weights as well as the bag of rubbish. Who should I lodge a complaint with? Woolworths. Pepe’s Ducks Ltd, consumer affairs or whoever is responsible for correct weights, or all of them?

2 Likes