We need a "Real Free Range Chicken" campaign

I used to think that way but now I don’t think that is right to look at it, well not for me. I now think that way of thinking is not been responsible and turning a blind eye to the problem, again that is how I now think about it. Each person has the right to their opinion and I respect yours but when I woke up to the fact this way of thinking will not stop the debauchery that goes on behind closed doors to-no-end of different animals that are used for eating. It made me look and think quite differently. It hurts me to think that people can be that callas with defenceless animals because that is what they are, defenceless. The only way to stop it is try and support those who have the power and no-how and will go into bat for us and those defenceless animals that deserve better treatment, even if a person does not eat any kind of meat, don’t you and anybody else out there, I know I do. I hold no malice to anyone that thinks different to me. It is hard to cope with what goes on out there. Carrol

Voting with your dollar and actively lobbying industry and government are both effective methods of dealing with the problem. Refusing to eat chicken is not turning a blind eye, it is a direct action in combat of poor industry and governmental practise.

1 Like

I believe its important to live and eat consciously.
Personally, I prefer to eat a predominantly vegetarian diet. It just feels better for me.

It just seems impossible that a “true value” of a chicken breast is reduced to only $8 per kilo?! Once you consider the time, energy and resources it takes to rear, process, package, market and ship the chicken to the store.

I have no objection to people choosing to eat meat however I do feel its important to eat less and to pay a “true value” for the meat we buy. One that both reflects and supports quality, respectful farming practices.

2 Likes

Here is a great article I have come across about free-range eggs, by ABC: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-01/free-range-eggs-how-to-know-what-youre-getting-for-your-money/8762716

It mentions “a maximum of 1,500 birds per hectare for set stocking systems and 2,500 for rotational systems,” as I suggested in my original comment.

Fortunately, the market has changed for the better in recent years, and consumer are seeing the value in educating themselves before making a purchasing decision. :slight_smile: