Volvo Group Australia - Mack Trucks - CMH Trident, CLX Superliner, CMM Granite and CSM Metro-Liner MY2018-2019 Recall

A recall notice for Mack Trucks - CMH Trident, CLX Superliner, CMM Granite and CSM Metro-Liner MY2018-2019 supplied by Volvo Group Australia as the self-adjustment mechanism within the brake caliper housing may be defective, resulting in reduced or lost braking performance when applying the parking brake or service brake.

Volvo Group Australia - Mack Trucks - CMH Trident, CLX Superliner, CMM Granite and CSM Metro-Liner MY2018-2019

PRA No.

2019/17961

Date published

19 Nov 2019

Campaign number

C0116

Product description

Mack Trucks

CMH Trident
CLX Superliner
CMM Granite
CSM Metro-Liner

Model Years 2018-2019

17 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (8.16 KB)

What are the defects?

The self-adjustment mechanism within the brake caliper housing may be defective, resulting in reduced or lost braking performance when applying the parking brake or service brake.

What are the hazards?

Reduced or lost braking performance when applying the parking brake or service brake may increase the risk of an accident or injury to the vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Volvo Group Australia has begun contacting all impacted owners by mail and email. Owners are advised to contact their nearest authorised Volvo Group Australia repairing dealer on 07 3718 3500 or via email at vga.warranty@volvo.com

Supplier

Volvo Group Australia

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Volvo Australia dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

International

Dates available for sale

• 24 October 2018 - 21 February 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

3 Likes