Volvo Group Australia - Mack Truck - CSM Metro-liner, CMM Granite, CMH Trident, CLX Super-liner MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Mack Truck - CSM Metro-liner, CMM Granite, CMH Trident, CLX Super-liner MY2020 supplied by Volvo Group Australia as the ignition key cylinder may allow movement of the key from the engine ON position to engine OFF position while the vehicle is being driven.

Volvo Group Australia - Mack Truck - CSM Metro-liner, CMM Granite, CMH Trident, CLX Super-liner MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18497

Date published

23 Sep 2020

Campaign number

C0135

Product description

Mack trucks

CSM Metro-liner
CMM Granite
CMH Trident
CLX Super-liner
Model Year 2020

53 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (8.75 KB)

What are the defects?

The ignition key cylinder may allow movement of the key from the engine ON position to engine OFF position while the vehicle is being driven.

What are the hazards?

If the key moves to the OFF position whilst the vehicle is being driven, the engine will cut off, increasing the risk of an accident and injury or death to the vehicle occupants or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners should not drive the vehicle until the repair has been made. Affected owners will be contacted and advised to make an immediate appointment with their nearest Volvo Group Australia dealership to arrange for a technician to attend and repair the vehicle.

For more information, owners can contact their nearest authorised Volvo Group Australia repairing dealer on 07 3718 3500 or email vga.warranty@volvo.com

Supplier

Volvo Group Australia

Traders who sold this product

Volvo Group Australia

Where the product was sold

Nationally

International

Dates available for sale

• 2 March 2020 - 13 May 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.