Volvo Car Australia - Volvo XC90 MY2021 Recall

A recall notice for Volvo XC90 MY2021 supplied by Volvo Car Australia as the SRS control unit may not be tightened to the vehicle’s body correctly. If this occurs, the airbag system light will illuminate and an error message will appear on the instrument panel.

Volvo Car Australia - Volvo XC90 MY2021

PRA No.

2021/18809

Date published

19 Feb 2021

Campaign number

R10068

Product description

Volvo XC90
Model Year 2021

57 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (16.03 KB)

What are the defects?

The SRS control unit may not be tightened to the vehicle’s body correctly. If this occurs, the airbag system light will illuminate and an error message will appear on the instrument panel.

What are the hazards?

In the event of an accident, the airbag may not deploy. This could increase the risk of injury or death to vehicle occupants.

What should consumers do?

Volvo Car Australia will contact affected owners in writing to request that owners make an appointment to have the vehicle repaired.

To find your closest dealer please visit www.volvocars.com/au/find-a-dealer or contact the Volvo Customer Relations team on 1300 787 802.

For more information, contact Volvo by phone on 1300 787 802 or email owners@volvo-customers.com or via https://www.volvocars.com/au/footer/contact-us

Supplier

Volvo Car Australia

Traders who sold this product

Volvo Australia dealer network

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 October 2020 - 31 January 2021

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.