Volvo Car Australia - Volvo S60, V60 and XC60 Vehicles MY2014-2017 Recall

A recall notice for Volvo S60, V60 and XC60 Vehicles MY2014-2017 supplied by Volvo Car Australia as if the cooling system has to be refilled, air may become trapped in the cooling system, which may result in insufficient cooling of the engine components.

Volvo Car Australia - Volvo S60, V60 and XC60 Vehicles MY2014-2017

PRA No.

2020/18560

Date published

24 Sep 2020

Campaign number

R10027

Product description

Volvo S60, V60 and XC60 vehicles with a 4 cylinder diesel engine
Model Years 2014 – 2017

372 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (20.11 KB)

What are the defects?

If the cooling system has to be refilled, air may become trapped in the cooling system, which may result in insufficient cooling of the engine components.

What are the hazards?

Insufficient cooling may result in damage to engine components and may cause a fire in the engine bay.

A fire in the engine bay increases the risk of an accident and injury or death to the vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Volvo Car Australia will contact affected owners in writing to request that owners make an appointment to have the vehicle repaired. Owners of affected vehicles may also contact their Volvo Dealer and organise a time to have the repair carried out.
To find your closest dealer please visit www.volvocars.com/au/find-a-dealer or contact the Volvo Customer Relations team on 1300 787 802.

For more information, contact Volvo by phone on 1300 787 802 or email owners@volvo-customers.com or via https://www.volvocars.com/au/footer/contact-us

Supplier

Volvo Car Australia

Traders who sold this product

Volvo Car Australia dealer network

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 August 2013 - 1 December 2018

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.