Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd - Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line MY2016-2020 - Extended Recall

An extended recall notice for Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line MY2016-2020 - extended recall supplied by Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd as the roof spoiler can partially or completely detach from the vehicle, due to the use of an unsuitable adhesive.

Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd - Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line MY2016-2020 - extended recall

PRA No.

2020/18354

Date published

2 Jun 2020

Campaign number

66L5 and 66M3

Product description

Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line
Model Years 2016-2020

3 242 vehicles affected

This recall was extended to include additional vehicles 30 November 2020

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (46.8 KB)

What are the defects?

The roof spoiler can partially or completely detach from the vehicle, due to the use of an unsuitable adhesive.

What are the hazards?

If the roof spoiler was to detach while driving it could increase the likelihood of an accident that may endanger other road users. This could increase the risk of an accident and injury to vehicle occupants or other road users. In the event of a serious accident this may result in death.

What should consumers do?

Affected consumers will be contacted directly by Volkswagen to organise an inspection and repair, free of charge.

Owners of affected vehicles can also contact the Volkswagen Recall Campaign Hotline on 1800 504 076
(Monday to Friday, 8.30am-8pm AEST) or visit https://www.volkswagen.com.au/app/locals/find-dealer

Supplier

Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Volkswagen dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 June 2016 - 1 June 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.