Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd - Volkswagen Golf (Hatch, Cabriolet, Wagon), Jetta, Passat, Polo and Caddy MY2012-2014 Recall

A recall notice for Volkswagen Golf (Hatch, Cabriolet, Wagon), Jetta, Passat, Polo and Caddy MY2012-2014 supplied by Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd as vehicles fitted with a 7 speed dual clutch gearbox have a fluid leak that can lead to pressure loss in the gearbox. This pressure loss can interrupt the power transmission between the engine and gearbox, resulting in loss of drive function.

Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd - Volkswagen Golf (Hatch, Cabriolet, Wagon), Jetta, Passat, Polo and Caddy MY2012-2014

PRA No.

2020/18258

Date published

2 Apr 2020

Campaign number

34J5

Product description

Volkswagen Golf (Hatch, Cabriolet, Wagon)
Volkswagen Jetta
Volkswagen Passat
Volkswagen Polo
Volkswagen Caddy

Model Years 2012-2014

16 098 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN list.xlsx (204.71 KB)

What are the defects?

Vehicles fitted with a 7 speed dual clutch gearbox have a fluid leak that can lead to pressure loss in the gearbox. This pressure loss can interrupt the power transmission between the engine and gearbox, resulting in loss of drive function.

What are the hazards?

If the gearbox loses pressure, the vehicle may lose drive functionality. This may increase the risk of an accident occurring, which may result in serious injury to vehicle occupants or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Affected consumers will be contacted directly by Volkswagen to organise for inspection and repair, free of charge.

Owners of affected vehicles can also contact the Volkswagen Recall Campaign Hotline on 1800 504 076
(Monday to Friday, 8.30am-8pm AEST) or visit https://au.volkswagen.com.au/find-dealer/

Supplier

Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Volkswagen dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 June 2011 - 1 June 2015

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.