Vermeer Manufacturing Company - Vermeer BC900XL Brush Chipper Trailer MY2021 Recall

A recall notice for Vermeer BC900XL Brush Chipper Trailer MY2021 supplied by Vermeer Manufacturing Company as the mounting bolts and nuts that are used to secure the axle assembly to the frame of the brush chipper may not have been tightened correctly. If the axle mounting bolts loosen, this could result in the axle separating from the brush chipper.

Vermeer Manufacturing Company - Vermeer BC900XL Brush Chipper Trailer MY2021

PRA No.

2021/18978

Date published

16 May 2021

Campaign number

IK4055

Product description

Vermeer BC900XL Brush Chipper Trailer
Model Year 2021

4 affected vehicles

The Vermeer BC900XL Brush Chipper is used in chipping organic material such as wood, bark, limbs, brush and undergrowth.

Photograph of Vermeer BC900XL Brush Chipper Trailer

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (13.95 KB)

What are the defects?

The mounting bolts and nuts that are used to secure the axle assembly to the frame of the brush chipper may not have been tightened correctly. If the axle mounting bolts loosen, this could result in the axle separating from the brush chipper.

What are the hazards?

If the axle separates from the brush chipper whilst the trailer is being towed, this will result in a loss of stability and control, increasing the risk of an accident and serious injury or death to the vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Vermeer will contact all affected owners in writing. Owners should contact Vermeer Australia to make arrangements for repairs to be carried out, free of charge.

For further information, please contact Vermeer Australia by phone on 1300 837 6337 or at https://www.vermeer.com.au/contact-us/

Supplier

Vermeer Manufacturing Company

Traders who sold this product

RDO Australia Group Pty Ltd
Vermeer Australia

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 13 January 2021 - 20 January 2021

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like