Vegemite flavoured oddities - like them, or not?

Australiaā€™s most highly awarded distillery has released a ā€˜buttered toastā€™ spirit, inspired from what most Aussieā€™s will recognise as Vegemite flavours. At the time of writing, the alcoholic drink has yet to be released - we donā€™t really know whether it will taste good or not.

However, itā€™s not the first time weā€™ve come across vegemite flavoured oddities, like popcorn and chocolate. What are the weirdest vegemite flavoured food items you have come across, and how do you feel about them?

• :+1: Iā€™ll give Vegemite flavoured products a go
  • :-1: Vegemite is a spread ONLY

0 voters

4 Likes

Not a big fan of the 'mites, though the original Marmite would be my choice. It is used to flavour toast and crackers, adding it to other stuff isnā€™t my preference and Iā€™ve no idea why someone would want a spirit to taste like a 'mite - then call it buttered toast to confuse the issue. As an aside, Archie Rose are the company who gave in to the minority court of social media opinion by changing a name of a spirit because bushfires have claimed lives - ā€œBushfires & Barbecuesā€ became ā€œSmoked Ginā€ - ignoring that bushfires are an important part of the natural cycle in this country ā€¦ they have a ā€œCoastā€ gin as well, unsure how they explain that to families of people who have drowned, let alone going into the negative connotations of a Horisumi range of gin ā€¦ but possibly we digress ā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

I only buy OzEmite, and have for many years - a small contribution to keeping Australian dollars & jobs in Australiaā€¦

6 Likes

Vegemite is owned by the Australian Bega Cheese group these days (since 2017), not multinational Kraft/Mondelez.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great. Unfortunately for Bega, I now much prefer the taste of OzEmite!

4 Likes