VAX Steam Mop

A few years ago I purchased a Vax V22 steam mop, which I was very pleased with after the dealer changed a faulty handle. It didn’t last too long, so the dealer replaced it after some persistance from me. Sadly the 2nd one failed after 18 months and Vax nor the dealer were interested. Vax assured me it was the filter and at the expense of $12 I purchased a new filter. Alas it did not solve the problem. If someone has a Vax V22 steam mop I have a brand new one. AVOID

4 Likes

Hi @deno, welcome to the community and your first contribution to its content.

How long ago did you purchase it and can you remember how much it cost?

Is the Model the VX22 as it appears that a V22 isn’t a current or recent model?

If Vax suggested you purchase the filter and that it would fix the latest problems you were having with your steam mop, I would be contacting Vax and asking to return the filter for a refund. If they recommended it to you as the fix to your problem, then they need to accept responsibility if the repair they provided (the filter) didn’t fix the issue at hand. Request that they send you a pre-paid envelope to return the filter to them or take it back to the place of purchase for a refund.

3 Likes

and since the filter was obviously opened and used, expect them to knock your request back, and proceed to read about your rights under Australian Consumer Law, and although only a $12 item send them a formal ‘letter of complaint’ that they sold you an inappropriate product to solve your need.

You can find many links on the community to Choice and ACCC advice regarding this, but to start you off here is the Choice link.

3 Likes

Thank you for your responses, yes it was a VX22

3 Likes