Upgrading my car looking for forum member's advice

Picked up a new Suzuki Baleno GLX Turbo today . Thanks for the advice both posted in the thread and those that got in touch through private messages . It was much appreciated . Thank you again …

1 Like

For anyone else browsing this thread I wanted to put in a good word for the Honda Jazz, as someone has mentioned it above. I’ve had this car for 4/5 years now and it is amazingly fuel efficient and is still going strong (it’s a 2006 model with 56,000kms).

I commute to and from CHOICE every day (25 mins each way - I wish I could catch public transport but it takes more than twice as long due to my awkward location from the office) and even with current fuel prices I only spend $45 a fortnight on fuel (95 not 91 - I tested all fuel types and this was the most efficient fuel type for my car) which includes weekend driving.

The fold down seats are also amazing. I’ve fit crazy long/big pieces of furniture in the car because of it. Great for the IKEA run! It’s so small that it fits into amazing car parking spots (I live in Sydney’s East, so it’s necessary to have a tiny car).

It’s also cheap to service and maintain. Tyres and parts are common and cheap so you won’t be forking out a lot over time.

Happy car shopping everyone.

1 Like

@TillySouth Years ago Tilly I had a Honda Civic 1500 . They were only sold in Australia for 1 year as a stop gap till the Accord was released.It did over 650, 000 K’s .One nite I lent it to my brother and a truck came thru a red light and wiped the car off . My brother was lucky . I travelled Australia in that little car and I often think it would still be running today if it had not met such a sad end .