Unit Pricing Remains Inconsistent

There are a number of dormant topics about various aspects of unit pricing. Consumers may have hoped or even expected some issues would have worked themselves out by now. This from Coles.

On the left a unit is a roll of Quick-eze, in the centre it is 100g of Quick-eze, and on the right it is 1 Quick-eze tab.

Not ‘priceless’ since none are free but the mindset is either priceless or cynical. How hard should it be to require standardisation? – Apparently too hard for our ‘regulators’.

11 Likes

Coles again, although I’ve note Woolies can also be equally careless. Unit pricing on Western Star 500gm blocks of butter.

It’s left to wonder how they manage the more complex task of correct shelf pricing, inventory and distribution?

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Barcode Scan Price Errors

If allowed to game/pervert the system they will, regardless of intent or motive. From Coles catalogue this week. I struggle to understand how the two products are different for the purposes of unit pricing and labelling, both being ‘ice cream on a stick’ by whatever semantics. The Ferrero is priced in g reflecting their products in the chocolate aisle and the Peters in ml reflecting their other dairy/ice treats. ‘Frozen dessert’ versus ‘ice cream’ apparently is important in the context of one law while seemingly inane for another law, maybe?

I doubt knowing which was the better deal would cause many to preference one over the other, but.

2 Likes