UGG Brisbane

I bought a pair of waterproof EMU boots from UGG Brisbane back in November 2019. I went to England in January 2020 and they started leaking. I was told by EMU that they did not do refunds from boots that I had bought from a retail shop and that I needed to go back to UGG Brisbane. UGG Brisbane have requested a receipt which I have given them and a photo of the fault in the boot. As the boot is leaking I am not how I can photograph a leak. I have not had a response from them since the 20th March. They also expect me to return the faulty boot. As I am now in England, I don’t see why I should have to pay a lot of money to return their faulty product.

My questions are:

Are EMU the manufacturer of the product in any way liable for manufacturing the boot and if UGG Brisbane do not respond to me, can I go after EMU for a refund?
Do I have to pay to return the faulty item?

Any input would be gratefully received. Thanks

1 Like

Update: As soon as I posted this I got a response from UGG Brisbane who have said that they do not send boots internationally and asking for my banking details for a refund. Result!!

6 Likes

Hi @h_e_day, welcome to the community.

This is a great outcome. It may have taken more time that usual as many businesses in Australia are either closed or trying to operate with workarounds to the COVID-19 controls.

I understand why you got the response from the international company EMU to go back to the retailer. In Australia, generally the retailer is the first contact point for resolving warranty claims. Furthermore, an international company based outside Australia may not be fully familiar with the statutory warranty processes or legislative environment where the product was bought, and it would be simplier for the retailer to process the claim as they should be familiar.

Well done anyway in upholding your rights and getting a great outcome from the retailer. Many other consumers possiby wished that their warranty claims were dealt with as easily.

4 Likes

Yep it was a great response. I was expecting to be bounced between retailer and manufacturer. Thanks for your information :slight_smile:

5 Likes