Tv voice pro - has anybody my age (81) tried it?

For about 7 years I have been using Advantree Wireless Headphones HT.380
They cost about $130 from Amazon. They have left & right ear adjustment. The TV sound can be on or muted - my listening apparatus and volume is my own choice. My hearing aids are out. Connection to TV is by Optical or HDMI so the picture and sound is in sync. Can’t fault the set up - good value - works well.
They appear to provide an answer to most of the problems that have been experienced. I am 88 years old and my hearing (without aid) is not too flash.

5 Likes

They sound like the best option yet - thanks for posting! I’ll be checking them out…

1 Like

There was a very positive article about it along with an advertisement in the Readers Digest earlier this year. I am typical of the hearing impaired people who can’t discern what people ae saying in documentaries, current affairs programs and movies and especially when they have that infernal so-called “mood music” that often obliterates speech. I’m wondering if the Voice Pro bar really does overcome the problem of that “mood music” and also does the sound bar detract from the sound for those who have normal hearing - such as my wife.
Can anyone advise me on those 2 questions, please.

1 Like

If your smart TV has an optical connector port, the base station can be connected to the TV via this port. It operates independent of the TV speakers and will not cut them out. I can use the headphones and control the volume of them independent from the TV speaker.
If I am watching late at night, I can use the headphones and mute the TV speaker volume.
The LG TV can be configured to use both internal speaker and optical audio port concurrently. An optical splitter can also be employed if more than one device needs to be connected.

2 Likes

Here’s the CHOICE review of the TV Pro soundbar as promised!

2 Likes

Thank you CHOICE for this review! I am not familiar with all the options mentioned, but will ask family and friends (and my audiologist) for help. I’m planning to get new aids in the New Year (mine are 6 yrs old) - so will keep all options open for now.

1 Like