Transport

Hi I want to buy a new Car and I want to have your opinion which is the best Brand?
Toyota, Holden, Hundai, Mazda. I want it to be solid, confortable, stable driving, parts and service not expensive. diesel 4X4 with space behind to put things

1 Like

Well, I’m out - I never buy cars new :stuck_out_tongue:

My only 2c for that is that my old Hilux Diesel (2x4) was bombproof (traded it going strong on orignal everything at 550k kms). But that was a 1996 Hilux.

2 Likes

You should find this web site useful. I have posted it before. Don’t let the strange URL dissuade you; it is legit.

It includes a ‘buyers guide’, some ‘reviews’, and a best efforts ‘recalls and faults’ of most makes and models.

Holden? Maybe once upon a time?

1 Like

Hyundai Santa Fe . Great reputation amongst the off road fraternity .

1 Like

It occurs a larger audience for your question might be a 4WD club. There are a number in each state, easily found by searching.

Do you go off-road often, how far off the beaten track? There is big difference between a serious off-road vehicle and one with 4WD and fair clearance for navigating the local picnic area now and then.

3 Likes

The best independent source of information would be the NRMA’s (and probably the other motor associations) annual ‘car of the year’ reviews.

1 Like