Toyota Motor Corporation - Toyota Yaris Hybrid (MXPH10) & Yaris Cross Hybrid (MXPJ10 & MXPJ15) MY2019-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Toyota Yaris Hybrid (MXPH10) & Yaris Cross Hybrid (MXPJ10 & MXPJ15) MY2019-2020 supplied by Toyota Motor Corporation due to the improper application of anti-corrosion preservation agent, the hybrid transmission (input damper) may develop an abnormal slip condition during rapid acceleration.

Toyota Motor Corporation - Toyota Yaris Hybrid (MXPH10) & Yaris Cross Hybrid (MXPJ10 & MXPJ15) MY2019-2020

PRA No.

2020/18755

Date published

11 Jan 2021

Campaign number

VGG88

Product description

Yaris Hybrid (MXPH10)
Model Years 2019-2020
234 affected vehicles

Yaris Cross Hybrid (MXPJ10 & MXPJ15)
Model Year 2020
1 061 affected vehicles

Total of 1 295 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (28.01 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to the improper application of anti-corrosion preservation agent, the hybrid transmission (input damper) may develop an abnormal slip condition during rapid acceleration.

What are the hazards?

When abnormal slip occurs, the vehicle may shudder and a warning light will illuminate. In the worst case, the hybrid system may shut down, causing the vehicle to unexpectedly slow or stop, increasing the risk of an accident and injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Parts will be available for this recall from February/March 2021.

Toyota will contact affected consumers in writing, advising that their vehicles are affected by this recall. Once parts are available, Toyota will contact affected owners again, requesting that they make an appointment at their preferred Toyota dealer for rectification, free of charge.

To find a local dealer, visit https://www.toyota.com.au/find-a-dealer

For further information, consumers should contact the Toyota Recall Assist helpline on 1800 987 366 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm AEDT).

Supplier

Toyota Motor Corporation

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Toyota Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.