Toyota Motor Corporation - Toyota Prius & Prius V MY2015-2019 Recall

A recall notice for Toyota Prius & Prius V MY2015-2019 supplied by Toyota Motor Corporation as due to improper assembly of the electrical contacts in the seat belt reminder switch, the driver’s seat belt reminder system may fail to switch off after repeated use of the seat belt. This may cause continual chiming and warnings on the instrument cluster.

Toyota Motor Corporation - Toyota Prius & Prius V MY2015-2019

PRA No.

2020/18148

Date published

12 Feb 2020

Campaign number

VGG01

Product description

Prius (ZVW50) and Prius V (ZVW40)
Model Years 2015-2019

1 037 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (32.88 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to improper assembly of the electrical contacts in the seat belt reminder switch, the driver’s seat belt reminder system may fail to switch off after repeated use of the seat belt. This may cause continual chiming and warnings on the instrument cluster.

What are the hazards?

If the seat belt reminder switch does not turn off, the visual and sound alerts indicating that the seat belt is not correctly fastened may be a distraction to the driver.

What should consumers do?

Toyota will contact affected owners in writing, requesting that owners make an appointment at their preferred Toyota dealer for repairs, free of charge.

To find a local dealer, visit https://www.toyota.com.au/find-a-dealer

For further information, consumers should contact the Toyota Recall Assist helpline on 1800 987 366 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm AEDT).

Supplier

Toyota Motor Corporation

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Toyota Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

2 Likes