Toyota Motor Corporation - Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, Hiace and Hiace Commuter MY2019 Recall

A recall notice for Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, Hiace and Hiace Commuter MY2019 supplied by Toyota Motor Corporation as the fuel inlet pipe may not be correctly tightened.

Toyota Motor Corporation - Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, Hiace and Hiace Commuter MY2019

PRA No.

2019/17844

Date published

8 Oct 2019

Campaign number

UGG45

Product description

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado (GDJ150)
Supplied between 8 April 2019 and 27 September 2019
1 899 affected vehicles

Toyota Hiace (GDR300 and GDR320)
Supplied between 28 May 2019 and 27 September 2019
576 affected vehicles

Toyota Hiace Commuter (GDR322)
Supplied between 29 May 2019 and 27 September 2019
239 affected vehicles

Model Year 2019

2 714 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (805.56 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to a production fault, there may be a lower than specified tightening torque of the fuel inlet pipe that supplies the diesel fuel injector common rail, which may allow fuel leakage.

What are the hazards?

If fuel leaks from the fuel inlet pipe, the engine may stall and increase the risk of an accident or injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Once parts become available, Toyota will contact affected owners in writing, requesting that owners make an appointment at their preferred Toyota dealer for a replacement fuel pipe, free of charge.

To find the nearest Toyota dealer, visit https://www.toyota.com.au/find-a-dealer or contact the Toyota Recall Assist helpline on 1800 987 366 for more information.

Supplier

Toyota Motor Corporation

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Toyota Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 8 April 2019 - 27 September 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

2 Likes