Toyota Motor Corporation - Toyota Hilux Rogue (GUN126) MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Toyota Hilux Rogue (GUN126) MY2020 supplied by Toyota Motor Corporation as the power wire for the cargo roller cover may be routed incorrectly and may chafe against the battery clamp post. If the power wire insulation is damaged, this may lead to a short circuit.

Toyota Motor Corporation - Toyota Hilux Rogue (GUN126) MY2020

PRA No.

2021/18981

Date published

23 May 2021

Campaign number

WFU01 or WGG21

Product description

Toyota Hilux Rogue (GUN126)
Model Year 2020

683 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (19.25 KB)

What are the defects?

The power wire for the cargo roller cover may be routed incorrectly and may chafe against the battery clamp post. If the power wire insulation is damaged, this may lead to a short circuit.

What are the hazards?

If a short circuit occurs, this may cause a fire. A vehicle fire could increase the risk of an accident, serious injury or death to vehicle occupants, other road users and bystanders, and/or damage to property.

What should consumers do?

Toyota will contact affected owners in writing via letter, email or SMS if available, requesting that owners make an appointment at their preferred Toyota dealer for rectification, free of charge.

To find a local dealer, visit https://www.toyota.com.au/find-a-dealer

For further information, consumers should contact the Toyota Recall Assist helpline on 1800 987 366 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm AEST).

Supplier

Toyota Motor Corporation

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Toyota dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 20 November 2020 - 20 April 2021

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like