Toyota Motor Corporation - Toyota C-HR (NGX10 and NGX50) SUV MY2019-2021 Recall

A recall notice for Toyota C-HR (NGX10 and NGX50) SUV MY2019-2021 supplied by Toyota Motor Corporation as the internal components of the fuel pump may wear and fracture the welded area of the fuel pump, which could lead to a fuel leak in the engine compartment.

Toyota Motor Corporation - Toyota C-HR (NGX10 and NGX50) SUV MY2019-2021

PRA No.

2021/19066

Date published

20 Jun 2021

Campaign number

WGG27

Product description

Toyota C-HR (NGX10 and NGX50) SUV
Model Years 2019 - 2021

7,671 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (104.07 KB)

What are the defects?

The internal components of the fuel pump may wear and fracture the welded area of the fuel pump, which could lead to a fuel leak in the engine compartment.

If this was to occur, vehicle occupants may identify a fuel odour when driving.

What are the hazards?

A fuel leak in the engine compartment may result in an engine bay fire. A vehicle fire could increase the risk of injury or death to vehicle occupants, other road users or bystanders.

What should consumers do?

Toyota will contact affected owners in writing, requesting that owners make an appointment at their preferred Toyota dealer for inspection and if required fuel pump replacement, free of charge. Parts are expected to be available between the end of June 2021 and the middle of July 2021.

To find a local dealer, visit https://www.toyota.com.au/find-a-dealer

For further information, consumers should contact the Toyota Recall Assist helpline on 1800 987 366 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm AEST).

Supplier

Toyota Motor Corporation

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Toyota Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 2 December 2019 - 26 May 2021

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.