Too Good to MIss

I love QF points sales for travel too good to miss.

Check those taxes and fees, carrier charges …and google…

How could one go by this? Pay more AND use points?

5 Likes

It’s not clear on whether the taxes fees and carrier charges cover all 5 people or are per person. I’d need to see the *fine print first. As usual, anything to do with airline fees is not crystal clear and up front and they expect you to find the fine print and read through it all, which can take forever at times.

2 Likes

The ‘offer’ is a 30% points discount. If one has 5 adults to travel my computation is the total equivalent charge’ is about par for the cheap flights usually available without the pesky asterisk text that follows, and valuing miles at about $0.013. The small print is

• The 30% discount will be automatically applied to the Qantas Points required for Eligible Flights booked between 12.01am (AEDT) 23 November 2017 and 11.59pm (AEDT) 27 November 2017 for travel on Qantas (QF) between 16 January 2018 to 31 October 2018, or travel on Jetstar (JQ) between 16 January 2018 to 30 September 2018. To receive the 30% discount, all flights in your Trip must be eligible Classic Flight Rewards which are Economy Classic Flight Rewards operated by Qantas or Jetstar and booked with a Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ) flight number on your ticket, to Qantas and Jetstar domestic Australian destinations, or between Australia and New Zealand international destinations (including domestic Australian transfers on Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ) flight numbers). If a Trip includes a Transfer (a flight within 24 hours) from or to the international Qantas or Jetstar gateway or a Transfer (domestic same day or international within 24 hours) between Qantas and Jetstar, that Trip is not eligible for this offer. For example, if an itinerary included an eligible Classic Flight Reward between Gold Coast and Brisbane on Jetstar with a Transfer flight to Auckland on Qantas, this Trip would not be eligible to receive the discount. The 30% discount applies to the Qantas Points amount required only and does not apply to the taxes, fees and carrier charges which are payable in addition to the Qantas Points required, quoted as at 17 November 2017 and subject to change. This offer is only available for bookings made on the Qantas website or via Qantas Contact Centres (fees may apply). Classic Flight Rewards are subject to capacity controls, availability is limited and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available. The Qantas Points required will be displayed during the booking process on the Qantas website or via Qantas Contact Centres (fees may apply). Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable to Qantas (excluding any amounts payable to third parties at the airport) in addition to the points required. Status Credits and Qantas Points will not be earned on Classic Flight Rewards. For more information about Classic Flight Rewards visit the Qantas website.

Those who wish to join QFF, but don’t want to pay the $89.50 membership fee, it is free to join until 31 December 2017 using this Qantas website.

1 Like

I reckon its been free for a long time if you join woolies data collector - rewards and link it - that’s how I got my whole family joined up …

I got a bit of a chuckle out of this email from QANTAS the other day …

… and I notice they identify as Qantas? shouldn’t an acronym be all capitalised or are they trying to forget the NT (rhetorical question, they forgot about the NT long ago …) …

1 Like

“Free” when talking about rewards cards (or websites) is a misnomer. Those companies collect and sell your information and make very good money from it. Always check the end user agreement and you’ll find they pretty much own you… usually on page 4,689 of the agreement :wink:

2 Likes

… they are almost entirely free of any privacy or personal information protection, and free from any consumer freedom - how much more free do you want? :wink:

I have a bit of a hangover on this and usually write QANTAS, but their branding these days appears to be Qantas. I’m sure most could not even tell you what it stands for!

1 Like

Maybe based on the proper nouns, it should at least be QaNTas.

2 Likes