Ticketek ticketing issues

UPDATE!! THE STATE MANAGER FOR TICKETEK CONTACTED ME BY PHONE THIS MORNING AFTER SEEING MY FACE BOOK POST!!!
I owe Ticketek an apolgy as I was not aware that Ticketek actually handles the ‘over the counter’ ticketing for the National Gallery as well as online ticketing! The $25 debited from my acvount by Ticketek was in fact for the ‘over the counter’ Versailles ticket.
I have apologized for my ‘rant’ and he has promised to look into fixing the issue of no way to retrieve/change the password and the lack of a contact address or phone number to sort out issues!

I’VE BEEN BILLED FOR TICKETS THAT I DID NOT ORDER OR RECEIVE!!
I tried unsuccessfully to book a ticket to the Versailles Exhibition at the National Gallery in Canberra but was unable to proceed because my account password was not recognised. There was no option to retrieve or reset my password and after the tab crashed for the second time I gave up and purchased my (single/concession) ticket at the door.
I have just got my bank statement and on the 30th of December I’ve been billed 25 dollars by TICKETEK!!
I’ve tried to contact Ticketek but no email or ‘contact us’ information available (searched for several hours!!!)

2 Likes

That’s terrible karalinga. Was it from a credit card or a savings account?

Here is their contact page:

https://ticketek.custhelp.com/app/ask

Also if you use Facebook, Twitter o you could private message them about your issue.

If the payment was made by your Credit Card you could raise a dispute with your Credit Card Company or Bank.

On the Ticketek login page just above where you type your password is a link about forgotten passwords.

Thanks for your help, the page that I went in thru didn’t have this option…hence my frustration…all is sorted now tho… (see my edited post above)

3 Likes

No problem and I am glad it is all sorted out. :smiley:

2 Likes

I had a similar experience with their intractability about changing a booking to this exhibition. I mistakenly asked for tickets for a Saturday, instead of my preferred Sunday. Now I understand that if one was booking tickets to a particular performance with allocated seats then it would be a matter of so sad, too bad. But to a walk-in exhibition? Well, I stuck to my guns with a series of knock-backs and a series of firmly reasoned emails, even offering to pay a re-ticketing fee. Eventually I was invited to ring the call centre, which I did. They allowed me to rebook the tickets at no charge. So full marks to Ticketek on this occasion. I still am gob-smacked though at being soaked for a booking fee for tickets online, delivered by email, and also then being soaked for a booking fee for attending at the Canberra Theatre booking office, like the banks, they get it coming and going!

I have bought tickets and paid for them, but had to start the payment section again and was charged twice. I’ve not been able to contact Ticketek to redress this situation.
The show that was booked was the Ukrainien Bally, in Adelaide.

2 Likes

hi Kiwidi

I have moved your post to an existing topic on ticketec ticketing issues.

I hope you paid by credit card, if so go to your bank, explain the situation, and show them the double charging and ask for a reversal on one of the transactions.

4 Likes