Thermomix gags safety regulator

Thermomix to me is a bit like the recent pokemon craze, when they are hottest new item everyone I know seems to have one but now with the passage of not a lot of time and the craze passes they too end up in the kitchen cupboard of ‘must have’ gadgets that people only now occasionally use.

But at the price they charge it reminds me of the sales years ago of Kirby vacuum cleaners.

Hi @fmills8 - we’re still waiting. :unamused:
We know the ACCC is investigating based on the mass incident report CHOICE submitted earlier this year. The ACCC don’t tend to announce anything until they have either a firm agreement from a company about what they will do to protect consumers/offer refunds or until they announce court action. We’ll let our supporters and this community know as soon as we hear something new - hopefully soon!

In the meantime, you can take individual action. If you’re a CHOICE member, our CHOICE Help service can help you figure out the next step which is probably a complaint to your state tribunal or fair trading body.

1 Like

I have concerns about a device being sold on the internet which is used to cover the hole where steam escapes when cooking. I bought one and it is extremely dangerous to use when cooking due to the pressure build up. I have reported it to ACCC .

1 Like

Update: ACCC takes Thermomix to court.

3 Likes

The ACCC is claiming that Thermomix knew about the TM31 safety issues long before the recall was issued.

2 Likes

I feel a little bad for my feeling of schadenfreude … but only a little bad … :wink:

5 Likes