The Original Juice Co. Black Label; is it Australian?

I bought an orange juice yesterday from this company as my first choice Nippy’s wasn’t on the shelf.
The company is owned by Golden Circle, which was once a very reputable Australian Company. Anyway, looking at the label of this juice nowhere to be seen was it stated they use Australian oranges. It only says they don’t use concentrate and that it’s a product of Australia. I’m 99% certain if a company doesn’t specifically point out they use Australian ingredients then they must use imports.
A check of their website doesn’t shed any further light on the subject, so I’m just wondering if any of your lovely and knowledgeable readers know anything. I should point out too that the juice leaves a bad taste in the mouth afterwards and doesn’t seem as palatable as known locally sourced juices.

1 Like

The definition is: Product of Australia -
All of the product’s significant ingredients come from Australia; and
All, or nearly all of the manufacturing or processing has been carried out in Australia.

and Australian Grown -
All of the product’s significant ingredients have been grown in Australia; and
All or nearly all of the processing has been carried out in Australia.

A curiously confusing splitting of the proverbial hair, yes?

4 Likes

Looking at one of their bottles right now (Apple Lime with a hint of mint) and right after it says it “brings a touch of originality and sophistication to your home” … sure it does! :laughing:
it states “Made in Australia from local and imported ingredients”

So I’d assume (always dangerous, I know) that if the bottle you have says a product of Australia, then they’d use Australian oranges, as they state imported ingredients on some other varieties.

But really, who can tell, often labelling )and labelling laws influenced by industry lobby groups) seem to be worded in an effort to mislead.

1 Like

Can’t anyone just go back to basic here? …Really !! Buy oranges and juice the old fashioned way, with a hand held type. Still have my mothers from 50 years ago folks !! haha Cheers

1 Like

It’s the only orange juice that I buy and that’s based on the taste, not from concentrate and no preservatives.
Nothing else comes close and any visitors that have some usually comment on how good it is. Expensive though.
They have this number to ask if they are Australian oranges. Saturday so no point ringing today. I would assume they must be as they claim it’s an Australian product.
1800 037 058

1 Like

I used to try and buy the freshly squeezed juice but decided that there was too much added sugar. So my wake up drink is now a Berocca. Low calorie and costs about the same on a monthly basis.

1 Like

I buy their grapefruit juice as it is the only properly sour variety without added preservatives or sugar.
There is NO point in sweet grapefruit juice!!

1 Like