The Good Guys - issues

Totally agree. TGG Northland, remember that store everyone, atrocious customer service are firstly trying to rip off an elderly woman and yes I agree not our problem it’s TGG’s to sort it and look after us. Thankfully me being the daughter wont put up with those delaying tactics so I was like a dog with a bone.
A call was promised from a Stacey and she never called me back and each time I called to speak with her they would put me hold and then it would hang up. TGG tried to use the ACL law on me but thankfully I had called Consumer affairs earlier that day and they advised that I put it in writing and give me 3 days to provide a refund which I then advised to the Mgr at TGG, he was still trying to argue with me about it.
By the end of yesterday after me calling around 15 times the Mgr called me and promised a full exchange. My mother went in today and guess what no more Electrolux vacuums. She ended up getting a swap for another brand. Whilst she was there ‘Stacey’ was on the desk and apparently very rude to my mother saying ‘You only returned it over a week ago’.

3 Likes

TGG Northland (Vic) has been our ‘go to’ for good service over many years although we have not bought much since JBHiFi bought them out and have not had a product issue since. It seems to have changed for the worse, but …

It could be a ‘Stacey problem’ rather than a store problem yet they are one and the same as a customer experience.

Sometimes getting satisfaction depends on who one is ‘talking to’. When having a problem with any business running the dialogue up to the highest level one can reach is usually worthwhile when the ‘line people’ are not helpful in the first instance.

If you have not, provide direct feedback to the manager about your experience and the personalities involved. He may be appreciative, or at least should listen politely.

Thanks for closing the loop. BTW, 3 years ago we tried to buy a Choice recommended Electrolux - and are long term Electrolux customers. No retailer bricks and mortar or online had the models and Electrolux was in short supply across their range. We ended up with a Choice recommended Hoover and it has been good, with one warranty issue resolved no hassles and good service from Godfreys (Lalor Vic). What brand did you get?

4 Likes

Hi all. I recently bought a new washing machine, following Choice recommendations of course! The one I wanted was a Bosch – only available through the so-called Good Guys. I paid the extra ($70) to have it delivered and installed. All went well except that they removed the transport bolts and took them away. The manual says that these must be reattached if the machine is ever moved. I contacted the Good Guys central online thing and was told to go to my nearest store for replacements. I wasn’t confident but went anyway. The response? ‘Never heard of such a thing. No we have no spares, The deliveries are made by a private contractor so we have no control. You need to contact Bosch.’ So I will contact Bosch but I thought I’d contact you first to see what your experiences with this company has been or if you’ve ever had this happen. Any advice on my communications with Bosch would be good too! Thanks Elle

4 Likes

I would be persuing The Good Guys and not Bosch. As it isn’t a warranty issue, Bosch could charge you for replacement ones. (Note: A third party seller retails them for $50+ dollars).

I would be putting it in writing to The Good Guys. As they organised delivery, they are responsible for their delivery service provider. They might try and blame their delivery service provider to try and pass the buck, but this isn’t a concern of yours, because as far as your relationship with those who delivered the washing machine, they are ‘The Good Guys’.

1 Like

I have moved your question to an existing germane topic.

Are you planning to move the washing machine to a new residence? If not, you don’t need the bolts.

Removal of the bolts is essential before the first use of any washing machine, so it is part of the installation process. The delivery contractors remove the bolts and all other extraneous packing material and dump it into the rubbish or take it away.

I have relocated interstate, including a washing machine without the reinsertion of the transportation bolts. No damage done. So I would suggest that you can safely leave the transportation bolts out of your inventory (edit: unless you are planning to move).

This goes against the advice of Bosch…

https://www.bosch-home.com.au/experience-bosch/kitchen-installation-guide/washing-machines-installation

If the bolts aren’t used and there is damage caused within the warranty/ consumer guarantee period, this may pose problems for any claims after a move occurs.

@Ellerm has every right to ask for their return, in case the washing machine needs to be moved in the future. It appears that leaving the bolts with the purchaser after it was installed is an oversight of The Good Guys (as a minimum, they should have instructed their contactor to ensure that they are given to the purchaser for safe keeping). They should make good the situation.

3 Likes

Dear phb and meltam: thanks so much for your reply. Good advice re Bosch, it seemed a long shot when she suggested it! I’ll get back onto good guys and see what they come up with (next) elle

4 Likes

They should have left the bolts, all instructions including the installation and warranty booklets if they are seperate to the owners manual, and any accessory parts supplied. EG Most come with a semicircular waste water hose bracket.

Following on from,

I’d be concerned even post the warranty period at risk of needing to replace or repair, a personal cost. A responsible removalist will be aware of the need to secure the WM drum and be asking for the bolts (or packer if top loader). A removals air bag cushioned truck will offer a gentler ride, hence one reason perhaps for @meltam experience. The outcome may not be assured given many shipments are containerised. There are no airbags with the forklift or other used to move the containers at will. More generally there is nothing more bouncy than the DIY box trailer move.

1 Like