The future of CHOICE Transformer energy switching service

Thank you Choice for at least trying and at best demonstrating what a god awful country we are becoming.

2 Likes

Hi all,

We’ve partnered with a company called Bill Hero that follows a similar model to Transformer. You can read more about it here.

5 Likes

After joining and providing all details in late February, BH found significant savings. Unfortunately nothing has come of it as the energy company (one of the big Australians) has still not contacted me, despite me following up with BH in May and again recently.
It looks like I’ve just burned the $99 and all the potential savings.
Have others had similar experiences?

Welcome to the community @icy

If you have not been proactive in dealing with BH, contact them with your experience and ask for a refund if you are not happy, or an extension if you might give them another go. Looking at BH ToS 8, 9 it could be BH or the utility who dropped the ball.

I have not used BH but if the ‘big Australian’ is AGL, my experience with them, now a decade+ old but echoed by many recent reviews across the net, is that they are competitive but incompetent. I was a customer, they sent me a re-up offer at the end of my plan, I accepted it, and they refused to honour it! Does it get worse? Even when AGL is the lowest I still refuse to deal with them.

If not AGL, feel free to post the company so others may be aware of your experience in case they have had a good transfer, or went into a black hole as you apparently did.

You may be aware, but transfers do not take place until the next billing cycle from when the paperwork is submitted. That could be a month or a quarter ahead in most cases. Presuming your paperwork went in during March a reasonable expectation is the switch would have happened by 1 July if not earlier, and as you imply, you should have received account and welcome information by now.

I expect BH are as interested in companies that make their service look bad, as well as a possibility it is their own systems that are the problem.

Please let us know how you go.

2 Likes