Tea : What brand/s do you buy?

McIver’s Rooibos Earl Grey and in traditional styles their white tea and Afternoon Pekoe …

2 Likes

I have used Twinning’s tea bags for decades : English Breakfast, Irish & Afternoon Tea. But I have recently heard that they contain minute pieces of plastic in the tea bags. Has anyone else heard/know of this? So I have switched to loose leaf. I am retired now, so I can afford the time to sit, breathe and drink a decent HOT cuppa tea :wink:

3 Likes

I find lately that I too am getting the tea pot out to brew loose leaf . Always worth the extra time .

1 Like

I’m a coffee drinker and don’t drink tea but do buy Twining’s ginger and lemon herbal tea.

2 Likes

Will be doing a post for coffee buying preferences later today 03 Dec Thanks for the input .

1 Like

For something a bit more exotic, I get Tra Hoa Lai from my Chinese grocery.

2 Likes

Is that jasmine based ?

2 Likes

Yes. It is jasmine tea, with a relatively small scattering of jasmine flowers.

2 Likes

I buy Dilmah, loose leaf teaand make it in a pot! So far any teabags I’ve drunk here just don’t make the cut! Definitely not strong enough.

2 Likes

Just been given a couple of tea pots . Must break them in . Thanks for the input .

1 Like

I prefer Nature’s cuppa organic. Currently drink their ceylon tea. It’s fair trade but certainly not Australian. Prefer their Earl Grey but supermarkets have discontinued. Tastes like real tea instead of ‘shavings’.

2 Likes

Good afternoon everyone, I’m a Twinings tea drinker; either Earl Grey or Australian Afternoon. I don’t mind herbal teas such as Camomile or Peppermint; they’re great for sending me to sleep!

2 Likes

[quote=“amandas, post:32, topic:14824”]

[/quote] Good afternoon to you too Amandas . Great selection of tea you drink there . Your input appreciated .

1 Like

I used to buy Madura, but have now gone herbal and organic, so it’s sometimes one of the Pukka varieties, but my all time favourite is Higher Living’s Chilli & Cocoa which you can now get in Woolies. Definitely worth a try.

2 Likes

Thanks Neil I will give it a try .

1 Like

Since making kombucha I’ve been looking for organic teas as any herbicides and pesticides are amplified in fermented foods. I currently use Nature’s cuppa black teas and Nerada green tea both for my kombucha as well as my drinking teas.

2 Likes

Yorkshire Tea is my favourite at the moment, there are hundreds of years behind their tea making industry. I will only drink black tea, cannot stand anything with a “perfume” have had people try to give me all the fancy ones, as soon as I smell it, I am put off. Love my tea how I like it, not how others drink theirs!!!

3 Likes

My wife prefers Madura because it has less caffeine than others and it’s Australian owned and local for us. We buy Madura Premium Blend Tea Bags and Premium Blend Loose Leaf.
In winter I occasionally drink a Peppermint Tea (Diplomat) and on very rare occasions a Rooibos Vanilla I brought home from Overseas.

2 Likes

I really like the round strong Aldi teabags. They make an excellent full flavoured tea.

2 Likes

When you make the pot. Make sure you warm it first. Then it’s one per person and one for the pot. Make sure the water you pour on it is boiling too. These were the rules I learned many years ago when I was a Brownie doing my hostess badge. They were also the rules my mum taught me when I first learned to make tea.

3 Likes