Suzuki Auto Co - Suzuki Ignis ATK 412 MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Suzuki Ignis ATK 412 MY2020 supplied by Suzuki Auto Co as the fuel tank breather pipe may have been incorrectly moulded to the top of the fuel tank. The breather pipe may become detached by normal vibration of the vehicle.

Suzuki Auto Co - Suzuki Ignis ATK 412 MY2020

PRA No.

2021/18956

Date published

24 May 2021

Campaign number

SSR22

Product description

Suzuki Ignis ATK 412
Model Year 2020

64 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (9.37 KB)

What are the defects?

The fuel tank breather pipe may have been incorrectly moulded to the top of the fuel tank. The breather pipe may become detached by normal vibration of the vehicle.

What are the hazards?

If breather pipe becomes detached and fuel leaks in the presence of an ignition source, this may cause a fire increasing the risk of serious injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Affected owners will be contacted by direct mail. Affected owners should contact their nearest authorised Suzuki dealer to arrange for an inspection and repair of the vehicle.

For further information, phone 1300 495 773 or to find the nearest authorised Suzuki dealer, consumers can go to http://suzukiqld.com.au/locate/

Supplier

Suzuki Auto Co

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 July 2020 - 30 October 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.