Surprising things you can do in the washing machine

We take a look at some of the weirder and more wonderful things you can do in your washing machine. Share your washing machine tips and tricks below!

3 Likes

Yuk, Yuk, Yuk!

Most notably the cocktail mixer option.
Perhaps the alcohol content will balance out the fact the WMc is not all food grade materials?
And then there is the residue left after each batch. All that sticky fruit and sugars left coating the internals. Nothing a good load of Miltonā€™s might not fix. Then to get the Miltonā€™s residue out of the system?

The other four uses are familiar in our laundry. We also use ours to wash our Japanese styled household foot ware and a range of everyday foot ware, with cloth/fabric uppers.

2 Likes

Also cleaning synthetic shoesā€¦such as trainers. Can be put in as is or in a netted bag.

2 Likes

You can bath cats and small dogs too on the delicate cycle. If you have a top loader push their little heads under carefully from time to time to do the whole body. You will have to dry them by hand as the spin cycle will make them throw up and you will have to do it all again. Donā€™t use too much woolwash on long haired cats as they will be at risk of blowing away when dry.

7 Likes

I suppose one has to weigh the little blighters to ensure that the machine is not overloaded.

Your front loading cycle must be able to be opened midcycle. Maybe for those who canā€™t stop the cycle, both a cat and small dog could be put in at the same timeā€¦and this tune played while one watches them have a ride of their life.

4 Likes

Brilliant @syncretic ā€¦ burst out laughing! :rofl:

2 Likes

@phb I think this song would be appropriate too: ā€œwho let the dogs outā€?

2 Likes

You should not wash cats in a washing machine.

The correct method is displayed below.

How to wash a cat

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of
    pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him
    towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement put the cat in the toilet
    and close the lid. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. At this point the cat will self-agitate and make
    ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the
    cat is actually enjoying this!

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides
    a ā€˜Power-Washā€™ and ā€˜Rinseā€™.

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure
    that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand well back, behind the toilet as far as you
    can, and quickly lift the lid.

8. The cat will rocket out of the
    toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will
    dry himself off.

9. Both the toilet and the cat will be sparkling
    clean.

Yours Sincerely,

The Dog

8 Likes

Laughing out loud again @Fred123 . Having too much fun this afternoon. :joy:

3 Likes

Boy oh boy!

Can sure tell here who doesnā€™t do the laundry in their household! :wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry Fred but this is most UN funny. There are crazy cruel people just looking for new ways of hurting animals and Iā€™m not sure if you wish to encourage them.

Classic, Fred. Iā€™d heard it before but you still had me laughing. Lifeā€™s too short to be serious all the time.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure most people could see this was funny and not a recommendation ā€¦ surely ā€¦

I do know of a story (sorry mum) of a tumble dryer full of towels that when mostly dry the owner (of the dryer, and a cat) opened the door in preparation for later resuming the cycle when returning home after a short outing.

Enter the cat. Literally. Nearly dry warm towels - what moggie could resist?

On returning home, the door was slammed shut and the drying cycle resumed, albeit briefly - bang - bang - bang ā€¦ on investigating, it seemed the errant feline ā€˜wanted outā€™ and rather urgently at that - lesson learned for owner and cat :slight_smile: Forgiveness all round ā€¦ not a recommended method for drying cats, just to be clear !

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had issues with hot water pressure today. I needed a good laugh. Thank you.

3 Likes

I agree. It would make them quiet anxious.Terrible idea.

Parody of those who offer and those who uncritically accept absurd advice on the internet is the best remedy for their foolishness and thoughtlessness.%%

You may think that the kind of humour that makes you squirm is the worst, I think it is one of the best.

%% the exception to the remedy is 13 YO boys who are laugh along but then do it anyway.

Maybe this is aptā€¦

Humour is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure that things which tickle others, I might find unfunny.

1 Like

Great sign but I thought that this one was even better.

https://australiangalleries.com.au/artists/francis-merson-clary-akon/