Supermarkets : which one/s do you shop at Poll

Apparently Wooles are bringing in paper bags with handles… better than plastic they have now.

7 Likes

Woolies only - they have better carpark security. Coles is hopeless for that. IGA only if I am happy to be fleeced for a small range of products …

6 Likes

Prefer Aldi as overall cheaper and down the road but for certain products will shop at Woolies. Occasionally go to Coles but think they are more expensive.

7 Likes

Farmers Market. All you need save paper, tinned and cleaning materials. Great atmosphere and local producers, farmers

8 Likes

We also shop at Costco and the Belconnen Markets

7 Likes

My other is Homefresh Organics (home delivery) and organic bulk wholefoods - Naked Foods.

7 Likes

We shop for grocery items (so non-perishables) at Coles and Woolies alternately. Most fruit, veg and meat etc comes from Harris Farm. We even have separate lists on the fridge. Ever decreasing my spend at the big two as we find alternatives. Farmers markets, co-op for grains etc.

8 Likes

I go to a butcher for my meat and a fruit shop for fruit and vegetables.

8 Likes

I shop mostly at Woolies and buy specials at Coles & Aldi
Our local deli/supermarket Psarakos Market is my other weekly shopping haunt

7 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I used to shop mainly at IGA until the local one closed. The closest now is 45 minutes away so forced to use the ‘big’ three!

7 Likes

I do most of my shopping at Woolies because it is the closest and I can get a park without too much trouble.

7 Likes

I shop online and alternate between Coles and Woolworths. I shop the catalogues and buy most of my regular items when the are on special.

9 Likes

My wife does most of the supermarket shopping, as she goes into town (35km away) a lot more often than I do, and she prefers Woolies. In addition I voted for other, as I buy fairly regularly online from Santos at Byron Bay for organic grains, dried fruit, cacao etc.

6 Likes

I agree with person. Without proportions you’ll learn next to nothing about supermarket buying habits. I do about 85% of my shopping at Aldi, and go to Woolworths or Coles for a few items Aldi doesn’t stock or because of convenience at a particular time.

8 Likes

I shop at Coles because the one near me is open 24 hours and as I use a mobility scooter to get around, even inside stores, shopping after midnight is much easier, there are fewer other shoppers and staff stocking shelves are more than happy to help me when I can’t reach the upper shelves or when products are pushed to the rear of the shelf, making them impossible too.

8 Likes

Mostly we shop online except for fresh fruit and vegetables. We’re vegans and split much of our routine shopping between Woolworths and Coles; we also get lots of vegan specialties from the Cruelty Free Shop Online. In Canberra, there’s a chain called Supabarn which is strong on vegan options and we sometimes do a shop there.

9 Likes

At one stage years ago it would have been 90% Coles and 10% Foodland, but since becoming a member of Choice and seeing the results of testing everyday items it would be 40% Coles, 40% Woolies, 15% Foodland and 5% Aldi.

9 Likes

Hi, I have been buying from Drakes supermarket for over 30yrs, the only reason why I may go some where else is if I can’t get what I need from Drakes Supermarket, which is very rare. I do my best to support Aussie business.

7 Likes

IGA is the closest, when I have to visit large centres for medical etc I tend to do the big 3, Coles Woolworths and Aldi and do a large shop.The local IGA is very expensive in comparison to the other

7 Likes