Supermarket Website Silliness

Twenty dollars per item is how that could be read as there is no decimal place between the over large 0 and the smaller 2. They could do with some training of how to put a period between the dollars and the cents. And if you did take it as cents then yes they need maths training particularly in fractions.

3 Likes

Reminds one of a physical walk through, doesn’t it. You can’t just go to the department and product you want and leave unless you know the ‘secret passages’. Browsing and impulse purchasing required. :laughing:

4 Likes

Woollies does it again.

In this weeks catalogue, they have 10 packs of Kirks cans at the very sharp price of just $5.20, save $1.00.

However if one searches their website, the packs are listed at just $4.50, save 50 cents, normally $5.00.

And of course they still do not list Ginger Ale but do have all 9 other flavours.

The novelty soon wore off as Coles has not had the list of half price specials for the past few weeks.

Just wondering which sttore location has been set for your search. For Queensland stores, the price is per the catalogue (namely $1 off at $5.20)

Also, 10 x Dry Ginger Ale cans are listed on the website.

If one has set the store in a location or has a VPN server located where there is no 10 cent container deposit scheme, the price may be cheaper as the deposit is not included in the purchase price.

1 Like

Catalogue is set for nearest FNQ Woollies store

Home / Catalogues / Weekly Specials Catalogue FNQ
Showing Catalogue for: Woolworths Mount Sheridan store, 4868

Using the search bar at the top of the page displaying the catalogue shows $4.50.

I clicked on your link and got $4.50, and I copied and pasted your link into Edge and still got $4.50.

Also try clearing data and cookies for the Woolworths website as it may be running from old cache to same data/downloads. Clearing forces full reload of the data from Woolworths website.

I cleared everything on Edge and it is still the same.

I don’t clear browsing data on Chrome as I love the pre-emptive ability for revisiting sites.

In Chrome one can clear site specific cookies

1 Like

Did all that. I had to logon to Choice Community and reset My Woollies store location.

Still getting $4.50.

There may be a location problem with the website
presenting the wrong prices.

I would go instore with your smart device, show them the lower price and ask them to meet their own online prices.

2 Likes

I found my local Woolies is not conscientious in pricing items (to be kind) but the Woolies app has a barcode reading feature that returns the prices from their web site - at least when the product has a bar code; last week zucchini could only be priced by searching ‘zucchini’ :frowning:

Sale items routinely are not all labelled as having sale pricing and are ticketed at full price but ring up at the sale price, and not just in one department. A cynic might think the store would prefer not to sell those products at the discounted prices to meet some P/L KPI, but will if the customer buys them. I attribute it to a local management problem and it has caused me to prefer my local Coles, although Coles has reasons that send me to Woolies. Catch-22?

5 Likes

I went to the nearest Woollies today and the shelf signs for Kirks stated $5.20 which is what they scanned for.

I just checked our laptop which my wife uses and I had to give the Woollies website the store location, and it also shows $4.50.

However, when I logged onto my Woollies online shopping account which I use with another nearby Woollies for pickup orders, the Kirks price changed to $5.20 but after I logged out, the price reverted to $4.50.

Gremlins?

$5.20 is still the best deal since the container deposit scheme started in Qld but $4.50 would have been unbelievable.

3 Likes

Woollies have taken their website silliness to another level with National Pies.

Some days searching their website for National Pies will find no products such as today, whilst other days, the whole range will be displayed.

Googling “National Pies Woolworths” will display a row of product images with prices and availability at our local Woollies.

A few days ago, all the packs of mini pies and sausage rolls had been removed from their usual area and placed in an end of aisle with half price special signs, but the next day, they were back in their usual spot at full price.

The pies are marked down nearly every day as they get close to their Best Besfore date and I grabbed 4 x twin packs of curried chicken ones today for less than half price.

It also appears that Woollies has woken up to their “10% off your monthly shop” as when I spent over $100 yesterday, I was not offered the discount despite it being displayed for transactions for as little as $10 in previous months.

I attempted to find a number to call them about it today but it does not exist.

However, I did see this.

https://mobile.woolworths.com.au/offers/10-off-your-shop

It appears that Woollies had been handing out discounts in contrast to their own policy.

Only at Woollies.

Sometime ago, Coles changed their website by replacing the search bar with a small box labelled “Search here” which then opens up a search bar.

For many weeks now, many searches result in the following being displayed.

"# This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://shop.coles.com.au/a/national/everything/search/coles%20kitchen might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE"

The only workaround is to then search for something like “milk” and then replace “milk” with the desired product in the search bar in the displayed result and search again which then invariably finds it.

Only at Coles.

I appreciate that it is the silly season but Coles has taken silliness a step too far with their half-price specials.

Each Tuesday, Coles emails a preview of some specials for the new week starting on Wednesday, and more recently also claims they have a sneak peak for the new week’s half-price specials, but invariably it is for the existing week’s half-price specials.

Last Wednesday, the few pages for half-price specials showed only items on special, none of which were half-price, but on Thursday, it had been updated to some 12 pages of half-price specials.

Today it is showing just 3 pages of half-price specials, all of which were in last week’s 12 pages. and if I click on the emails for last week, and even the previous week, I see exactly the same 3 pages.

Confused? You will be.

“Only at Coles.”

Wow. What a difference a day makes.

Coles are now showing 11 pages of thei week’s half’price specials.

Better late than never?

Coles have managed to exceed themselves this week.

The “Half Price” link in the Flybuys emails initially did not work bur a day later. it leads instead to 101 pages of “Specials” without the half price items.

The website also cannot find “ox tail” despite Coles having it in stock as per this Google search.

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/beeliar/product/coles-beef-ox-tail?DM_PersistentCookieCreated=true

A bargain at a mere $16/kg. The amount of actually edible meat on the bones makes their Coles Finest Angus Eye Fillet look cheap in comparison.

When I was at our local Coles today, I grabbed 2 x 500ml Finish Dishwasher Rinse Aid as the website showed them as 2 for $12.

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/national/everything/search/finish?pageNumber=1

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/national/product/finish-dishwasher-rinse-aid-regular

When they scanned at $9 each, I advised the attendent who called a supervisor.

She advised that they have no ability instore to access Coles website and they are not even advised of what specials Flybuys email to customers.

Much to their credit, they did the right thing and discounted 1 bottle to $3 so I paid the advertised price, in stark contrast to Woollies usual response.

You cannot rely on Google to show items in supermarkets. Google shows products that have long since been deleted from the supermarkets. You have to do the search in the supermarket web site to find out if a product is still stocked.

1 Like

I assume you are not replying to my posts above as all of the links are for the supermarkets own websites and not Google searches.