Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited - Subaru XV MY2018-2019 and Subaru Forester MY2019 Recall

A recall notice for Subaru XV MY2018-2019 and Subaru Forester MY2019 supplied by Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited as the rear stabiliser bracket bolts may not have been sufficiently tightened during production. In this case, the bolts may become loose over time and/or fall out during normal vehicle usage.

Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited - Subaru XV MY2018-2019 and Subaru Forester MY2019

PRA No.

2021/18971

Date published

2 Jun 2021

Campaign number

SRT-307

Product description

Subaru XV
Model Years 2018-2019

Subaru Forester
Model Year 2019

38,755 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (423.86 KB)

What are the defects?

The rear stabiliser bracket bolts may not have been sufficiently tightened during production. In this case, the bolts may become loose over time and/or fall out during normal vehicle usage.

What are the hazards?

A dislodged bolt or a loose stabiliser bracket may impact nearby components such as the drive shaft, sub-frame, or brake pipe, causing damage and/or a failure in those components. This may result in an accident, causing injury or death of vehicle occupants and/or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners of affected vehicles will be contacted and asked to book their vehicles in to undergo the repair work, free of charge.

Owners can visit www.subaru.com.au/retailers to find their preferred Subaru Retailer.

For further information, contact your nearest Subaru Dealership or the Subaru Customer Relations Team on 1800 226 643 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5pm AEST).

Supplier

Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Subaru Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 21 April 2017 - 24 August 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like