Standby power consumption. Ducted and Split A/C

Who do you get your electricity through. I only get approx $18credit for three months. Hardly worth putting solar up. .

Focusing on PV credit can be misleading. Compare your power bills year against year, and better yet billing quarters over the years to determine the economic costs and value of your PV system.

While the prices from the grid will change so bills are not exactly comparable, if you are using say 90% of what you generate leaving little to export, your PV system is still delivering value for you. The out of pocket difference from before and after PV was installed is what matters most, to most of us.

A well designed and sized PV array costs less to install than an oversized one, but an oversized one will export more. A decision criterion is whether the consumer expects the FiT to pay for the extra installation costs of an oversized installation, and how those economics balance.

As a postscript, my annual electricity costs are roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of my pre-PV history but my advantage is being able to use much of what gets generated, not mainly because of what I get from the FiT.

3 Likes

I can’t recall as my husband deals with it. It isn’t about the tariffs though, it is about saving money which we do. The solar has paid for itself and is still saving us lots in electricity bills. We use all our appliances during the day usually whereas those who receive great rebates seem to do the opposite so they can sell it.

2 Likes