Spider lights - yes or no?

Here is an entry for the new category.

https://homes.nine.com.au/2019/03/01/12/30/light-fitting-goes-viral-after-electrician-botches-installation-uk

3 Likes

Can this thing ever look good? Cast your votes :slight_smile:

• :+1:
  • :-1:

0 voters

2 Likes

This is wrong in so many ways aside from the esthetics - what is so attractive about electrical cords? You would need really high ceilings unless your family and friends are below 1.5m tall. So many incandescent lamps are hardly energy efficient. And speaking of waste where are the other 4 legs?

2 Likes

I’m not voting, as I feel this is the wrong question for me. Should it be tried/done? Never, unless you have extremely high ceilings. I merely have to wave my arms the wrong way and I’m knocking light bulbs out of their sockets; something like this would have me ducking and weaving through the room.

Finally, what is the appeal of six incandescent (inefficient) naked globes, when you can get decent light fittings to adequately illuminate a given space?

2 Likes

Ideal for a cell in the Gulag. Although one might be sufficient!

If you find this disturbing, I do, please talk to some one about the options for a proper shade on a suspended light. They were really popular in the 30’s.

2 Likes