Space tourism

Will we be able to check for the best rates with Trivago?

2 Likes

NASA has announced that they will be commencing trips for tourists to the International Space Station next year.

Better call Trivago now to get the best deals.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for Thomas Cook to offer a better deal and answer some basic questions:

1. Is there a choice of window or aisle seat and how many points to upgrade to business?

2. Is there a special deal for an ‘Around the World Ticket’? (West to East, or East to West)

3. How much is a one way ticket?

4. Can I take a partner for half price?

:wink:

2 Likes

Next best thing? Hurry, closing soon!

3 Likes

For a moment there I thought you might be suggesting inbound tourists :laughing:

3 Likes

Make it so.

2 Likes

So do you think space travel useful or will it make life on Earth better? I think wasting resources on space travel is not useful and will make Earth all the worse for the “alternative foregone” (the good that COULD have been done with those resources).
From the past, space travel notions have only served the military & the corporations who benefit from warfare. Definitely NOT useful for civilians suffering wars & definitely worse for all people - soldiers, civilians & the environment.

1 Like

There are always other uses for resources. Whether they’re “better” uses is a matter of opinion.

Who knows what space research might turn up? It was the space race that gave us non-stick cookware. OK, maybe not the best example. :laughing:

Scepticism is acknowledging that we don’t really know. That being so, always doing what somebody thinks is the first priority isn’t necessarily the best allocation of resources. There’s much to be said for doing things, just because they’re interesting.

3 Likes

It’s big! It’s shiny! It looks an awful lot like one of the bad special effects in an old science fiction movie.

I am assuming that you know this is an urban myth, along with NASA invented the space pen and velcro. Teflon was invented well before the space race and has been used in many ways aside from frying pans, although it is true it is used in some components of spacecraft.

A better example of the by products of space travel that really made a huge difference would of course be modern communications, GPS and mapping.

3 Likes

Good for a laugh though. Never let facts get in the way of a good story. :wink:

A bit more on the latest from SpaceX:

and why it’s made from stainless steel:

I do wonder about the sustainability of vast numbers of launches.

Maybe we should seriously consider that weird space elevator concept. Apparently, one possible anchor point is in the Indian Ocean off Perth.

2 Likes

It hasn’t stopped those who can exploiting opportunity in the past.

I too wonder about the disruption to the earth’s rotational mass and the effect on time.

I suspect both sustainability and maintenance of constant diurnal cycles will receive equal consideration? :thinking:

Not warp drive, but never give up:

Perhaps not directly via thrust in the usual rocket sense, however “requiring 165 megawatts of power to generate just 1 newton of thrust”
says there must be an energy source of some sort, and I’m pretty sure it wont be a battery!

1 Like

Next, space medical tourism?

1 Like

NASA to commence tourists trips to the ISS starting in 2020.

Make sure you check Trivago to get the best rates.

1 Like

Are you sure this is a good idea? :wink:

Trivago only compares hotel accommodation.
It’s largest shareholder is Expedia Group.

Tired of those annoying Trivago adverts that nag at your inept skills at booking direct?

Note:
In August 2018, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission alleged in a court case brought against Trivago in the High Court of Australia that the company has misled consumers on their website and in their television advertising.

2 Likes

Awwww. :pleading_face:

2 Likes