Some Home & Tool Hints from Handyman's and other sites

Handyman.net.au often have good/great ideas about things we can do around the home. Just recently they listed some hints about how to get some added benefit from our garden tools:

I hope some may find them useful, but does anyone have other great ideas to add to those that Handyman already offer.

3 Likes

Do you still use a Lazy Susan tray to spin the tomato sauce to the significant other on the other side of the table? Do you wish you had one (the Lazy Susan not the significant other… :smile:)? Well Bunnings have an item that sells for around $4 that some may wish to avail themselves of if that is the case. I don’t know that I would call it their best kept secret though, but it certainly carries a bit of weight being rated at a SWL of 135 kg (be still my beating heart lol).

The article goes on to say further in " “Oh my god I love the idea, now I can pick whatever board I like and turn it into a lazy Susan,” one commented

“They’re great! Hubby made me some awesome ones!” Commented another.

Other’s even said it could be used as a cheap cake turning alternative used when decorating cakes.

According to the Bunnings website it can also be used for cabinets or displays, including book racks, TVs and appliances."

Picture is from Bunnings™ Website and may be © and posted here for the purposes of review of the product.

4 Likes

… what if they are one in the same thing? :rofl:

I’m not sure the link is talking about what we think they are talking about … maybe it’s just my mind !!!

If it is ‘as read’ then that could carry a lot of sauce …

Best leave it there …

4 Likes

Well it rates the 135 kg weight so I or my wife are safe to stand on it and rotate. A bookcase could become a dangerous item if twirled too quickly or just imagine TVs, Cabinets and even humble knives and forks testing centrifugal forces. Those with opinions may wish to weigh in on it.

3 Likes

I will keep this in mind when I open my Chinese restaurant.

4 Likes

Is there a heavier duty version? Say 1,350kg or more.
Just park the car on it, a quick flick of the wrist and you have the perfect DIY gift for that significant other who can only reverse out of the garage/drive by feel! :rofl:

P.S.
Has anyone tried SuperCheap?

4 Likes

The unit I have posted about has in it’s description on Bunnings™’ website that it is the medium range one so there indeed may be that 1300kg unit lurking in that same aisle :smile:

3 Likes