Slow to or cannot open Choice Community website

The problem appears to be more at Choice’s end rather than your end. Your not alone.

I still have 60+ seconds to initial page load (11.00am on Sat 5/10/19).

I would wait until Choice has found what the issue is at their end before spending too much time trying to improve load times on your devices.

4 Likes

I have Safari on my iPhone as does @Gaby but mine loads in only a few seconds. As her Safari Browsers were all signed out on trying to turn her Keychain on it may still be an issue with her Keychain storage.

4 Likes

I have been using Windows 10 and Android OS (with Samsung software overlay).

For Windows 10 on a PC, the forum loads after a long delay using Chrome and MS Edge. For IE, it gets a ‘internal error - server connection terminated’ error.

On the Android device, both Chrome and Samsung Internet Browser also only load after a long delay.

I have tried clearing cookies, cache and data to no avail. All browsers are also the latest version…and there has been no version updates since the problems started on Thursday.

Even not logged in (after logging out), the page still takes a long time to load.

Edit: Also just logged in as administrator (rather than a user on the Windows 10 PC) and for both Chrome and Edge, the forum page won’t load. Edge gives a message ‘website coming soon’ and Chrome gives a ‘internal error - server connection terminated’. message.

it appears that the issue may be more than one user…

3 Likes

I would say its about the keychain or cookies. I would suggest deleting cookies and cache. Its a royal PITA to have to enter all logins again but if it gets the job done…

Btw I am posting this from my iphone SE, on iOS 13.1.2

2 Likes

Having read the feedback, I logged off yesterday, to be sure, and half in jest assuming I was making too much use of the system, before logging back in yesterday afternoon. iPad only.

No issues before or since. I take the odd hiccup in response from the system as a more local internet problem.

However I always log in manually, and avoid saving credentials for auto logins. Am I the odd one out? Oops.:wink:

4 Likes

I use remember login to save entering user and password every time accessing the forum. Logging in manually each time would be a bit of a PITA.

Yesterday (and just did it again), the first time after clearing cookies and going to forum it is quick. Exiting the browser and then returning to the forum page the load time delay occurs again.

This is why I tried logging into the PC as administrator (different user) and using the browsers as they were clean (cleared cache, cookies, data etc)…but this didn’t solve the problem at my end. The delay still existed.

I wonder if it is cookie issue at the Choice end for some users?

Edit: The delay today is about 15 seconds on the Windows 10 PC and longer on Android.

4 Likes

I also have been having problems - only with Choice Community (all the other Choice websites I have bookmarked, opened with no problems). I managed to connect last night - took the screenshot (attached) - back to the same problem again this morning…

5 Likes

Not having any problems at all.

I keep the forum open in my Chrome browser on Win10 laptop. Didn’t have issues yesterday either.

I even close the page down, and called the forum page up again from Chrome, and went straight in without a pause.

It’s not much help to those of you who cant get in, but the IT gurus may be able to use that titbit of information.

3 Likes

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the intitial page load of the community website is very slow, and has been this way for about 24-48 hours.

I have tried different browsers on different platforms (android and win10), and all have ths same issue. I am not sure if it is an ISP issue at my end, but think that it could be a Choice bandwidth, discourse or server issue as other pages visited at my end seem to be at normal speed.

Also, once the page loads (which takes up over 30 second), moving within the community website seems at normal speed.

Just timed the initial load, and this time it was 65 seconds.

5 Likes

I’ve had issues the past couple of days where it wouldn’t load at all, on phone or computer.

6 Likes

No issues at the moment, it loads as it has always with no apparent delay. Firefox takes a little over 3 secs from whoa to go.

19 secs on Google Chrome

10 secs Opera (Chromium based)

3 secs Edge

3 secs Safari on iPhone using iOS 13.1.2

5 Likes

Sorry about that folks, we’re having some tech issues today across all our sites. Our IT department is working on it :+1:

7 Likes

Ok, I’ll log out!

All fixed! :rofl:

6 Likes

I’ve only just been able to get back on now, since posting this morning, getting this:

The connection has timed out
The server at choice.community is taking too long to respond.

6 Likes
5 Likes

This morning still seeing “connection timed out”, particularly first up, may work after a refresh in the browser. This is on a desktop, not smartphone or tablet.

6 Likes

Still can’t down load Choice Community website from my iPhone.

Safari blames the server.

I cleared all cookies and data, and turned on Keychain.

Sometimes I get access by going through Siri, or Bookmark, or History, but it’s a once only, the next time it won’t work.

I’m now using my old iPad which has a tendency to freeze whenever it feels like it…

4 Likes

Yes, still slow today at my end on all devices. Initial page load takes up to 15+ seconds in Win 10 and 45+ seconds in Android.

5 Likes

While the iPad seems to be working efficiently, it seemed to take a while to load the home page for the community (before logging in) on Windows 8.1 using Firefox. Certainly 10-15 seconds which is not usual. Typically almost instantaneous.

Accessed from the Choice home page (which loaded as per normal) through the Choice Community short cut icon on the top of the web page.

P.S.
Of interest only the latest IOS update 13.1.2 and Safari has reorganised how the Community web page is presented. It is no longer consistent with the PC view. The wonders of continual improvement/user protection.

3 Likes

Just did a reboot and restarted Chrome on my Win10 laptop. Only the usual 1sec hesitation in loading the community page on a new tab.

Did the same on my iPhone. There was a 1-2sec delay before it loaded.

4 Likes