Slow to or cannot open Choice Community website

Help! Cannot open choice community website from my iPhone any more!
Not from safari. Not from Google. Not from my App.

I have tried switching off and then on again.

It’s an Apple SE 4G, about a year old.

Everything else works, Choice is the only website I can’t open…

4 Likes

Yes, there seems to be current issue with the choice.community website as it takes a long time to load on different browsers on different operating systems/platform.

It is currently taking about 60+ seconds to load, but once loaded browsing around the community forum seems to be at normal speed.

Hopefully Choice IT gurus will investigate and resolve.

5 Likes

Thank you @phb.
I read your email from my old iPad, but couldn’t even “Visit Site” from iPhone. After a minute the message read: “Safari could not open page because the server stopped responding.”

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know @Gaby, we’ll investigate further.

5 Likes

Thank you Brendan.
I was thinking of a technical problem with my iPhone, because although old and dodgy my iPad has no problems getting through to Community and I think that there would be problems with both iPhone and iPad if the issue was at your end. But I’m not very IT knowledgeable…

5 Likes

If you have a problem with a specific site it can be good to clear out all cached data and cookies.

Theoretically you might limit that to one specific site (Choice) but I don’t think iOS lets you do that so just go to Settings / Safari / “Clear History and Website Data”.

4 Likes

Thank you @person.
Got the same message as 4 hours ago: ‘website coming soon, check back soon to see if the site is available.’

5 Likes

While it is good to do as standard practice, didn’t make any difference in this case for Android or Win 10 OS. I thoughtnit may have been a corrupted cookie…but appears it may be from Choices end.

Another option is to increase the timeout settings in the browser.

For Apple Safari, the details can be found here…

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20040101091517445

5 Likes

I have had 2 incidents today where items on Choice Community would not load.

Going off the site and returning fixed it.

5 Likes

I’ve been able to get choice community
through Siri.
I put the App back on and tried it successfully a few times.
Hope it’s permanent!

3 Likes

Sorry, Not working anymore.
Siri is putting me on the website page now, which does not work.

3 Likes

In my case (PC w/Firefox) if I click on the Choice.Community it will be s.l.o.w but if I click, and then click again in a second it immediately loads. Same with the first topic I peruse, and then it seems to operate normally.

5 Likes

Choice Community took several minutes to load on our desktop this morning.

All other website were normal.

4 Likes

thank you @PhilT.
Wish it was just s.l.o.w… but after a minute or so the message comes on that Safari can’t open the page because the server stopped responding…
( And this Only happens with Choice Community).

It’s interesting that last night Siri got me on the website without any problem and I was able to log on again and again for about an hour. Then it was back to zero.:disappointed:

4 Likes

Is it worth doing a Keychain repair? And checking System Date & Time are correct?

For Keychain repair:

• Close Safari
  • Hit Command+Spacebar to bring up Spotlight search, then type “Keychain Access” and hit return to launch the app
  • Go to the “Keychain Access” menu and select “Keychain First Aid” from the menu list
  • Enter your user password, then click/select the “Verify” box, then click the “Start” button
  • After that finishes click the “Repair” box and then click “Start” again
  • After that finishes restart Safari and see if you can get into the site now
3 Likes

Thank you @grahroll.
Like a few other Apps on my phone, Safari has not got a little cross on it… How do I shut it down?
Some of the Websites I visited yesterday give instructions on how to shut down Safari, but my IPhone has not got the functions they indicate.

Also, I don’t wish to do a Reset and not be sure what is going to be erased.

4 Likes

Do the Keychain refresh on your Apple Mac if you have one, to do this you will need to turn Keychain off on any other Apple device you have first eg you iPhone.

To turn off and reset your iPhone Keychain (I don’t have an iPad so directions may be different)

• Click “Settings”
  • Click your Apple ID (user name at the top)
  • Click “iCloud” from the list
  • Click “Keychain” from the list
  • Turn Keychain off with the slider
  • Do the repair of Keychain on your Mac
  • Turn your iPhone Keychain setting on with the slider

Try Safari after this.

As I don’t have an iPad it may allow you to do the same task as what I suggest on your Mac. This helps reset the certificates your machines trust if they have become corrupted.

4 Likes

Turning on the Keychain setting seemed to work for a couple of times. The site came on from Safari and from the App. Now it’s back to zero.
In any case I appreciate very much your kind help, thank you @grahroll!

4 Likes

It may be a corrupted Keychain still as it may be getting a corrupted entry from another Apple device you have as they share their Keychains as this is intended to sync your devices. This is why you may be getting access for a short while until the Keychain syncs again.

3 Likes

While trying to turn on Keychain on my IPad, Safari locked me out of all internet access.
Have a commitment now, will keep searching for a solution later.

4 Likes