Shopback...can you trust them?

I’ve been using the Shopback app since 2018. You do your online shopping as usual, but just activate the Shopback box before purchasing and you get a small percentage back…usually varies.
Their big incentives are their sales…eg a recent one was for a 4 x hour period, they give you 25% of your purchase price back at Petbarn. So you obviously factor this into your price when purchasing.
However, many a time they don’t pay it. I activated it once on a fridge purchase and it meant the difference of buy at Website A vs Website B…but they declined it. And you have no clue they will do that.
I’ve just looked at my “Click” history and noticed quite a few (around 6 this month) did not register the purchase. You can notify them online and provide proof, which I’ve done, but can only go back 30 days…and there were some before then too that were missed.
I do make sure the Shopback is enabled before checking out and that I haven’t clicked on something else that would disable it. I’ve been caught before with that one.
Going forwards…I feel I just can’t trust Cashback to get it right, so I’m not going to base my purchase price on their empty promises.
There is another one…“Cashrewards”…wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with using them? Are they all the same with not fulfulling their promises? I’m sure there are many out there…which was me…who just trust them to get it right.

3 Likes

For a comparison have a look at this Canstar article.

2 Likes