Shonky Nomination: Pushy's (bike shop) advertising a site wide sale, but excluding all bikes and frames!

6 Likes

Unbelievable.

1 Like

Not really unusual across retail stores- there are always exclusions to these ‘special deals’.

I didn’t even bother opening that email today, deleted straight away.

2 Likes

But a BIKE SHOP excluding ALL BIKES, but still labeling the sale as “site wide”??
If that’s not clickbait I dont know what is.

So it’s a sale on helmets and some accessories then… and not “site wide”.

4 Likes

Not quite, I notice Kask (who make helmets) is also excluded!

3 Likes

Good spotting @ufo.

I agree it is a bit of a charade to exclude possibly the majority of their stock from a “SITE WIDE sale”.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community @ufo and you make a great point about what is allowed to be said or advertised.

It looks to me to be a bit of “Puffery”. They don’t say an all articles sale (with or without exclusions) but they mention the “site” ie the internet page and the sale is certainly advertised on the site so it is a site wide sale and the advertisement is certainly very wide. Is it legal, going by what they allow in “Puffery” I think it most probably is. As I argue in my topic on “Puffery” I don’t think it should be but “Consumerism and Capitalism” industries certainly wouldn’t like those changes to be made.

5 Likes