Shinehub - Virtual Power Plants (VPP)

Hi
I would like to hear/comments from you about the new Shinehub - Virtual Power Plants (VPP) and their business model.
Is it worth to buy Solar Products from them or join them?

Thanks in advance,
Truong

2 Likes

Solar Quotes has a comparison of VPP alternatives.

It’s useful for anyone looking at the option of a VPP and solar. They do look at the alternatives, as an independent and knowledgeable resource.

7 Likes

Solarquotes has an article on Shinehub’ VPPs (not that Shinehub is specifically mentioned in the reply to the question asked in the site) that is probably worth reading:

I couldn’t find many reviews outside of the ones on Shinehub’s site but I may have missed them due to my search queries.

Solarquotes user reviews on Installers on their site gives them 3.6 out of 5 With some quite low ratings that push the level down:

https://www.solarquotes.com.au/installer-review/shinehub/

6 Likes

It is interesting of the only 5 reviews there, all were good to Nov 2019 but then not good in [Mar-Apr] 2020. 5 may not be indicative of much, but the recent cluster of bad reviews would give me serious concern to look elsewhere.

7 Likes

Finn is pretty clear that it isn’t a good deal, but not sure if this is the same deal the OP is thinking of.

Buying a good quality PV system upfront is a better idea, and you will be better off long term. Perhaps add a battery later, but for areas with a reliable grid, unlikely to be economical at the moment, as commercial batteries are still too expensive.

6 Likes