Schweppes softdrink bottles

why have they changed the shape of their soft drink bottles. The shape makes it very hard and unsafe to stack horizontally in the fridge with their own pepsi and other brands of PET bottles and wine bottles.

3 Likes

Do you have an example of the old and new bottle shapes…you can upload a photo using the upload button?

Often packaging is changed to improve product differentiation and also to follow more modern packaging trends/shapes. There is science behind packaging shapes influencing buyer behaviours.

It is also worth providing Scheweppes with feedback on their new packaging as it may be something they are unaware of and may correct in the future.

Contact them here:

https://www.asahi.com.au/contact-us/enquiries

4 Likes

In some case, we’ve seen changes to packaging to give the appearance of more product (although the amount may be the same or even smaller).

4 Likes

The new Schweppes tapered top ones are 1100ml, and I think the old rounded ones might have been 1250ml… not sure of that though, as I don’t have one to check.

3 Likes

I have an old bottle of schweppes dry ginger in the fridge that must be over a year old ( my wife has swapped from her daily brandy&dry to campari&soda). It’s the old shape and it’s 1.25litres. The new bottle of Agrum is 1.1 litres and in the tapered shape. I only buy when on sale so size is not an issue. But the shape of the new bottles is a bother coz it makes layering of horizontally stacked bottles in my fridge unsafe.

3 Likes