SAIC Motor Australia Pty Ltd - MG Model MG3 MY2020-2021 Recall

A recall notice for MG Model MG3 MY2020-2021 supplied by SAIC Motor Australia Pty Ltd as the fuel-tank strap retaining bolts may be faulty and could fail, which could result in movement of the vehicle’s fuel tank, including it detaching from the vehicle.

SAIC Motor Australia Pty Ltd - MG Model MG3 MY2020-2021

PRA No.

2021/19047

Date published

24 Jun 2021

Campaign number

AS200521

Product description

MG Model MG3 Hatchback
Model Years 2020-2021

3,944 affected vehicles

Photograph of MG3 Hatchback MY2020-2021

Identifying features

VIN list.xlsx (59.78 KB)

What are the defects?

The fuel-tank strap retaining bolts may be faulty and could fail, which could result in movement of the vehicle’s fuel tank, including it detaching from the vehicle.

What are the hazards?

If the fuel tank detaches from the vehicle, this may cause fuel to leak from the tank. This could result in a fire or an accident, increasing the risk of serious injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers should contact their nearest MG dealer to arrange an inspection of the vehicle and replacement of the fuel-tank retaining bolts, free of charge.

For further information, please contact the MG Australia helpline on 1800 MG CARS (642 277) or email MG Warranty at auswarranty@smil.com

To find your nearest MG dealer, visit https://mgmotor.com.au/locate/

Supplier

SAIC Motor Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Australian MG Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 January 2021 - 19 May 2021

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.