Rock Ya Pain

Our local shopping centre had their monthly markets for casual stallholders today and I saw one stall displaying “Rock Ya World” and “Rock Ya Pain” together with this fantastic claim “Quite Possibly the Worlds Best 100% Natural Pain Relief”.

My snake oil detector immediately went off and I have searched the above tonight with the following results.

The “products” do not appear to be TGA approved.

They seem to be just something to boost magnesium intake.

No reviews can be found on any of the usual reputable websites.

The “products” seem to be only available at markets, primarily Eumundi. and online.

No information seems to be available on the ingredients.

Does anyone else smell snake oil?

7 Likes

Come on @Fred123. Be a Choice tester and let us know how it goes. :wink:

4 Likes

The cream contains oil of wintergreen and clove oil. These contain respectively salicylates and eugenols which are good topical pain relief compounds.
There are a lot of these types of products around, eg Deep Heat, that are an order of magnitude cheaper.
Note: the TGA does NOT “approve” listed products.

4 Likes

Yes. And Deep Heat clearly states where it is made, how it works, what the ingredients are, cautions, and directions for use.

And no dubious claims such as “Quite Possibly the Worlds Best 100% Natural Pain Relief”.

Deep Heat and other products of Mentholatum Australasia Pty Ltd are TGA approved.

https://tga-search.clients.funnelback.com/s/search.html?query=deep%20heat&collection=tga-artg

The Zen sprays which I have been using for the past year and are the most effective topical pain relief products I have used are also TGA approved.

https://tga-search.clients.funnelback.com/s/search.html?query=zen&collection=tga-artg

Sorry. I am allergic to snake oil so I will have to leave that for you to do.

2 Likes

Oh yes I agree that the 100% claim is BS.
TGA accepts and regulates. The word approval implies it makes a judgement on a products efficacy. It does not.

It has rules, very weak ones for listed products, that if met allow the product to be listed. This is not approval.

8 Likes

I must admit I brought this product rock ya pain for a very sore knee and it actually did help my pain a lot, I would buy this product again

3 Likes

Good to hear it helped you.

I am not saying that the products do not relieve pain as I do not know.

What I am saying is that this business presents itself as being very shonky starting with their very unprofessional business names throught to their claims that they have scientists on their team.

2 Likes

While I agree that the TGA is not the most effective or efficient of bodies, it does indeed have a process to assess and approve, or not approve. Have a look at the TGA’s Assessed listed medicines evidence guidelines for further information.

1 Like

There is a process but a higher level page puts it more straightforward, R vs L processes.

For those who don;t like to click through, the difference between L, L(A), and R…

Note also the word ‘assessed’ rather than ‘approved’.

3 Likes

Again, they do not approve. Just accept for listing. Go to the page and search for “approve”. Not found.
My earlier replies stand.
As a corollary. do not expect a listed product to work.

Could you please let me know which page you are looking at where you can’t find the word “approve”?

Doing a search of the page that I linked to above in post number 8:
The word “approve” appears once (1),
The word “approved” appears seven (5) times,
The word “approval” appears four (4) times.
In addition at the bottom of the page there is a link for Health Professionals to “Accessing unapproved products”

So in total the word “approve” and variations on the word appears eleven (11) times on the page.

2 Likes

No, if not approved for supply they are not listed and cannot be supplied.

From the TGA Basics page

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is part of the Australian Government Department of Health(link is external), and is responsible for regulating therapeutic goods including prescription medicines, vaccines, sunscreens, vitamins and minerals, medical devices, blood and blood products.

Almost any product for which therapeutic claims are made must be entered in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) before it can be supplied in Australia.

The fact that the word “approve” is not used is irrelevant. If you want to sell drugs in Oz the TGA says if you can or not. If they do not approve and the substance fits within their scope you are legally forbidden to sell it and can be prosecuted if you do.

Under the heading “What is the TGA” we have:

When a company wants to sell a prescription-only medicine like thalidomide in Australia, we check the evidence first, and will only approve the medicine if the balance of benefit and risk is acceptable for a particular condition. Then once the medicine is approved for supply, we continue to monitor it to make sure it meets our required standards. In this way, we protect the health of the Australian public.

So they can use the word “approve” when it suits them.

Since your major premise is false so is your corollary.

2 Likes

Ref the page I linked and the extracted tables I think there is some cross talk re L, L(A), and R listings, that are different from each other, and exactly what gets approved or assessed, and not.

3 Likes

I am writing about the product “Rock ya pain”
This is an absolutely incredible product! It relieved my Sciatica pain very quickly and lasted a couple of days. It also worked for a friend of mine where no other product would. I can’t praise it enough.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Jen2,

Your post has been moved to the existing discussion by the community of the product you have used.

There is a wealth of recognised medical information on the causes of sciatica and its treatment.

It’s one thing to sit there and judge from your chair behind your keyboard, but did you actually even try it?
I injured my knee in 2017 and also suffer from sciatica. None of the rubs and lotions I’ve tried have taken the pain away. I don’t take prescription meds as they don’t react well with me and they end up making me sick and unable to function. I was hobbling through the Eumundi markets on holiday in 2021 and came across their stall. The lady suggested I try it and I sat down and she applied the rock ya pain in the roll on format on my knee. I was looking at their other products and checking out the ingredients and within under 5 minutes the nagging pinching pain in my knee was gone! Completely and utterly gobsmacked I bought one of the roll ons. I have been telling everyone with similar pain about this. The roll on lasts for ages so you aren’t constantly having to buy it. You can buy it at Redcliffe Markets, Eumundi Markets, Carseldine Markets as well as other natural health stores who are beginning to stock this amazing natural product. The word is getting out and the only way you will truly understand how good this product is, is by trying it for yourself. I will never buy any other product. This has literally saved my functionality and ability to get on with my life. No more living with chronic pain.

Active ingredients:
MSM
Glucosamine Sulfate
Magnesium Chloride
Eucalyptus Oil
Wintergreen Oil
Clove Bud Oil
Cinnamon Oil
Peppermint Oil
Camphor Oil
For external use only. Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please keep out of reach of children. Store below 30 degrees celcius.
Rock Ya World
254 South Pine Road
Enoggera Qld 4051

That’s all the info on the 50ml roll on bottle of Rock Ya Pain.

1 Like

History teachers us that some remedies have been found from nature that we now use commonly . It was observed that basket weavers in Britain 300 years ago never seemed to develop Arthritis . They used willow to weave their baskets . The bark of white willow contains salicin, which is a chemical similar to aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) .

Early settles in Canada were introduced to " aspirin " through contact with the Mik ’ Mag Indians who already knew the healing qualities of the white bark of the willow tree …

2 Likes

I’m with you. First found this product in 2019 when on holidays on the Sunshine Coast, Was walking through the markets and the lady was spruiking it. Having had chronic back pain for years as well as a crook knee I thought what the heck, I’ve tried everything else. Within 15 minutes my pain disappeared in both my back and my knee. So much so that I have been a loyal customer since then ordering via mail. Nothing else I have tried has given me the relief that this product does. And lately having suffered from severe cramps at night, I can’t praise this product highly enough. It is the only thing that gives me relief unless I want to walk 10/12 circuits of my lounge/kitchen to work it out. .So yes, don’t knock it unless you have tried it.

Welcome to the community @Granny1953

One of the recognisable ingredients of the product is (MSM) Methylsulfonylmethane.
There are other brands of products with the same core ingredient. One example is ‘MooGoo Soothing MSM Moisturiser’. A 200g tube is $23.90 at out local chemist.

How does that compare for price/value with your supplier of the Topic named product?

To note MSM is a common natural and readily copied synthetic compound. It’s often used for supplements (oral) and in creams etc. it’s highly likely other branded equivalents will offer a similar outcome.

2 Likes