Robots in the Kitchen - and elsewhere at home

Two surprises in this news item.

Firstly the thought bubble that your kitchen will be replaced by a robot.

Secondly that one of the key interested businesses is Toyota.

If Honda has a walking talking humanoid, why not Toyota? Unlikely to be an oversized human form machine tossing pancakes. More likely an oversized version of a Japanese street corner food vending machine?

The good news might be that as the start up is in Canada Montreal we can expect the very best of Canadian and French cuisine. Hopefully not all blended onto the one serve plate.

Hope it also does the dishes?

Problem solved.
https://www.yankodesign.com/2020/10/02/toyotas-new-home-assist-robots-include-a-butler-who-will-do-the-dishes-for-you/

3 Likes

One would hope that it will retrive a beer from the fridge and deliver it opened.

3 Likes

Call me when we have Star Trek-like food replicators! Beam me up Scotty…

3 Likes

You had to ask. :thinking:

I don’t think it can open it yet. That might be an advantage. You don’t want your bot drinking it on the way to you from the fridge. :wink:

Will your fridge note the withdrawal and add an extra six pack to next weeks Dan Murphy’s home delivery. Also a bot so you can give it a code to enter the kitchen and restock your fridge for you.

P.S.
More intriguing will your Toyota branded personal transport lock in AI self drive mode after it’s Kitchen robotics has served you the second beer.

4 Likes

Did you mean “Beer me up Scotty”?

For us Corona drinkers, our beer is not a twist top, so we need a robot that can at least bring a bottle opener with the delivery…

Of course, back in the 1960’s, advanced cars had bottle openers built-in.

One simply opened the door and used the door lock fitting on the centre pillar.

Some caution was required in case the beer had been shaken up so as to avoid both a disaster and a loss of good beer.

3 Likes