Rideshare service reviews

The world’s largest rideshare company is coming to Australia.

That should brighten up Uber’s day.

A very unflattering review of one person’s experience with Uber.

1 Like

Thats a shame. My local supermarket, hairdresser, pharmacy and pub are all within 2km of home, and when my car finally gives up the ghost, I’ll be getting a scooter. The thing is, they are so handy, you should talk to her about the independence aspect. she won’t be waiting around for taxis, and she will likely feel safer, because no other person is involved. On rainy days, taxi of course. If she has friends nearby she could go visit, without having to wait around for someone to take her. Lots of advantages.

Or, she could look into getting home delivered groceries. I’ve gone down that path this year, what with Covid19 and all, and I have found it really helpful. when the pandemic is over, the delivery drivers even bring the shopping in to the kitchen for you. Just not at the moment.

2 Likes

An article regarding possible pitfalls of ridesharing services.

An article regarding Uber’s tax avoidance behaviours.

Absolutely disgusting.

1 Like

They aren’t the only one. Most foreign owned multinational digitech platform companies follow the same practice…export their Australian earnings (or base their platforms offshore) so they don’t have to pay Australian Taxes. Convenience comes at a cost.

4 Likes

Did someone say Uber?

2 Likes

More disgusting Uber behaviour.

“Who ya gonna call?”

Certainly not Uber.

Uber is being fined for misleading customers, they have agreed to joint submissions with the ACCC, to the Federal Court. Fine is about AU$26 Million, ACCC took the action against Uber for an issue over misleading cancellation policy announcements and using an algorithm that was biased in it results when comparing Taxi vs Uber ride costs.

Uber admits breach, agrees to $26m penalty (thenewdaily.com.au)

2 Likes